Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issue with machine skipping across project

Don't forget to check that the Z encoder isn't spinning freely on the shafts on the back of the Z motor.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

I had same problem before. The cause was saw dust collected inside the z motor cover interfering with the encoder. Took the cap off the back and blew out they dust and problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    Thanks for the update. I will check for these issues.
    Just dying to know if it was a 7 inch rule of wood issue... 3.5 inches in from each end the problems start....

Inquiring Minds need to know...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

One of my machines did that ,,, My issue was a bearing ..
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Had this happen just a couple weeks back. Then I ran a few other projects without major issues. But periodically I had z depths that were off. Turned out to be a bad FFC cable with an intermittent open. The cable finally gave out last week and after replacing the z motor assembly first, finally found out it was the cable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20151111_105837.jpg  

I have a spare cable, I will have to put it in and see if it clears up the last bit of my issue, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Just dying to know if it was a 7 inch rule of wood issue... 3.5 inches in from each end the problems start....

Inquiring Minds need to know...

AL
    Al ~ addressed in post #7. I always use the extra 3.5" (7") and usually 4" on each end to be sure. Even though it is not necessary anymore I still use the tape if for no other reason than to keep your 3M stock up. I don't really get a chance to get on here and post much as most of my work doesn't require the CW for the custom furniture I build for work. However, I am running 5 machines and have been runing machines on a regular basis for 6+ years. My issues are mostly technical because I do most of my work from a low tech standpoint and I don't have the computer/technical backgraound that a lot of you guys have. No hard feelings though.

Did you find the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    Al ~ addressed in post #7. I always use the extra 3.5" (7") and usually 4" on each end to be sure. Even though it is not necessary anymore I still use the tape if for no other reason than to keep your 3M stock up. I don't really get a chance to get on here and post much as most of my work doesn't require the CW for the custom furniture I build for work. However, I am running 5 machines and have been runing machines on a regular basis for 6+ years. My issues are mostly technical because I do most of my work from a low tech standpoint and I don't have the computer/technical backgraound that a lot of you guys have. No hard feelings though.
    Thanks... 3M Stock is UP... Glad you found the problem...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12