Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issue with machine skipping across project

Default Issue with machine skipping across project

Any guess what is causing this? not just htis project but all projects carved on this machine are doing this. Skipping some lines, carving some lines deeper, etc. (project carved on Optimal).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carvewright issue.JPG  

Sand paper belts? CarveTight or QC? Sharp or dull bit? Are those lines running in the x-direction?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Dirty Y/Z truck bearings, dirty encoder disc in the Z motor to name a couple.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Sorry, I should have put in more clarification. Version "C" machine with rubber belts, Carvetight, new 1/16" bit.

When it does it on other projects, is it the same pattern of lines?

Is this along the length (x-axis) or width (y-axis)? I can't see the whole board.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Your picture is labeled Carvewright Issue... My first though was operator error, sorry.... Need to ask.... Was the board not supported by both rollers letting it rock and roll around being held by one roller?..

IS the big line 3.5 inches from each end in X? Letting the board LIFT off the table into the bit making the lines.

Need to know a little more about the board setup in the machine during carving. Did you have additional wood to support keeping the wood under both rollers.

No hard feelings but sometimes it is just how the project is setup.... the closer you look at the picture you see the first line what looks like 3.5 inches down from the top then the last line 3.5 inches above the bottom then a bunch of LOOSE BOARD in between....

SO if that is NOT the issue.. then you have a loose Y Roller Bearing letting the head ROCK changing the depth...

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-05-2015 at 06:16 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

On other projects it is not the exact same pattern of lines but the lines have the same effect on the overall carving. The lines are going across the width of the board. There is plenty of room between the end of the board and the carving. The board for this carving is actually 12" longer than the project board so the 3.5" room should not apply here.

No offense taken Al. I understand that sometime the simplest problems result from the simplest of dumb mistakes. I will check the Y roller bearings.

Update: The Y roller bearings seem to be fine and have no play in them.

Unless the whole carriage is loose, it looks to me like the problem is with the z. After dipping into the pattern, it carves at different heights. Check z rollers for smooth action. Check z belt and sprockets for debris. Just wiggle it all around to see if something is loose or sticky.

We just addressed this issue a week ago. http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ing-in-plastic you have to get through a discussion on collecting plastic shavings.

Bottom line was:

That the sprocket at the bottom of the Z travel was seriously loose, enough that it rocked on the pin. If they do not have the sprocket in stock at LHR, you can get the y tensioning assembly, it's the same sprocket
    The belt was also stretched a bit.

My lines are not completely gone, but 95% better. I think there is plastic migration, even if not clearly visible to my old eyes

Thanks for the update. I will check for these issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast