Thread: Help with a starfish

Default Help with a starfish

Does anyone have a starfish pattern they are willing to share? I tried a scan of one, but didn't get the detail I was looking for. Thanks

First try from a picture on the web. (save as and not copy paste the image or you will get a background.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails starfish2-DISP.png  
    Last edited by bergerud; 10-31-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atldal View Post
    Does anyone have a starfish pattern they are willing to share? I tried a scan of one, but didn't get the detail I was looking for. Thanks
    Maybe this will help. Here is one for sale at our website (it's only 5 bucks):

http://carvebuddy.com/product/starfish33x325_1/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starfish33x325_1_front.png   Starfish33x325_1_iso.png  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I went to the site and purchase that one. It is showing the file as being invalid. I've ordered from you in the past and not had any issues with the zip file. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by atldal View Post
    I went to the site and purchase that one. It is showing the file as being invalid. I've ordered from you in the past and not had any issues with the zip file. Any ideas?
    Thank you very much for the purchase. I will email you the zip file directly to see if that behaves for you. The one you downloaded should have worked just fine, but I'll send another to you to be on the safe side. Remember not to attempt to open a zip file directly. Use your "unzip" feature on your computer to yield the .ptn (uncompressed) file. After that, you should be able to import the .ptn file into Designer for use in your projects.

I'll send that file to you now. Please let me know if that works alright for you. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Here is a copy/paste from our website of the general instructions for unzipping here, just for reference:

Q: The files are in .zip format (“.zip” filename extension). How do I “unzip” and use the files?
    A: The digital files you purchase and download are ‘zipped’ (compressed) so that download times are minimized and because some internet servers will not accept certain filename extensions for digital model files. Model, pattern and project files are required to be ‘zipped’ to assure downloads will proceed as normal for any email server. This is consistent with industry standard computer file transfer procedures since 1986.
    You must ‘unzip’ the files after you download them, so your files are uncompressed and made ready for whatever software you will be using them with. (You should not attempt to directly open ‘zipped’ files – that usually won’t work.) Most computers and operating systems already come with an unzip utility that allows you to easily unzip your files. Sometimes the files will be unzipped for you automatically, but may need to be unzipped manually (right-click on the zipped file filename and it will most likely show the option to “extract here” to unzip your file in the same folder where you downloaded the file in the first place). Select “extract” and the file will be unzipped (uncompressed) and ready for use in your software.

Q: I tried to open a digital model file and got an error message. Why?
    A: Do not double-click a digital model file or otherwise to try to open it on it’s own – your operating system may not have the correct program associated with the file type and you’ll (rightfully) receive an error message. Normally, the modeling or CNC software you use must be started prior to using a digital model file. Most software programs do not open the digital model files directly either – rather, you import them into your software. The actual procedure varies, depending upon your particular compatible software product. Refer to your software’s Help File or contact your software company’s Tech Support if you need specific instructions on how to import digital models into your particular software.

Michael T
    Happy Carving!

I got the new one you emailed and it worked great. Thanks

Glad to hear all is well. Thank you for letting me know.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!