Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unique clock

You can resize the vectors that Dick and I made. Select all and drag a yellow corner handle. It works the same as a pattern would.

My method is a little work but it precisely centers each number where it should be.

Yes I tried that and it works the problem I have is that when I try to change the board size that the clock PTN is on it throws the whole thing off. To use this I am restricted to the board size that it is on.

In Dick's mpc the circle is centered. Remove the centering before you change the board size. After the board size is changed, select all and do the group centering.

Klockit sent a reply to my eMail and they do not have a metric works.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thank you I never would have figured that one out. Thank god for this forum and the people on it I wouldn't be able to do half the things I do without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Klockit sent a reply to my eMail and they do not have a metric works.

AL
    Thanks Al.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    In Dick's mpc the circle is centered. Remove the centering before you change the board size. After the board size is changed, select all and do the group centering.
    I often find selecting all, then copy and paste to a new project works better than changing board size.

OK, so one idea that I had for metric clock works was to modify one of my pendulum clocks. Not too hard to design gear sets to divide by 100. And I could shorten the pendulum and reprogram the electronics to operate at the shorter metric second period. Unfortunately, the pendulum clock was too expensive for my customer (I don't give them away, and I would need to invest considerable design time). So, I thought about a synchronous motor-driven clock like my Naked Clock. But synchronous motors speeds are based off power line frequency, and I didn't think I could find one that would operate at .864 seconds or some multiple. So I need a motor that I can very accurately program its speed. I did come up with a solution, but what are your ideas?

9. Default

So I do not understand why anyone would want a clock like this? Who wants to learn a whole new way of keeping time? I can see a 24 hour clock but this?

Quote Originally Posted by normrichards View Post
    So I do not understand why anyone would want a clock like this? Who wants to learn a whole new way of keeping time? I can see a 24 hour clock but this?
    It's like a binary clock.... a novelty. This is a Mid 80's Navy Computer that you talked to it in binary.... Univac UYK-20. I taught this at Great Lakes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_clock
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zuky7_WEB.jpg   Zuky7z_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-02-2015 at 03:01 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast