Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Unique clock

Default Geared metric clock

This is a geared version of a metric clock I'm just finishing. (If you don't know what a metric clock is, look back to the start of this thread.) The clock is 18" in diameter. This one is going to a mathematician friend of a customer.

As far as I know, no one else makes true metric clocks. Not many people would want one, but it would be nice to get in touch with those who do!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190111_142430.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	87074

Gorgeous! I am absolutely astounded by what you create. Just figuring out the gears and layout on paper is a monumental task. Then doing the design for all the pieces to be cut by the carver blows my mind. Thx so much for sharing with us.
    Rick H

Quote Originally Posted by want2b View Post
    Gorgeous! I am absolutely astounded by what you create. Just figuring out the gears and layout on paper is a monumental task. Then doing the design for all the pieces to be cut by the carver blows my mind. Thx so much for sharing with us.
    Rick H
    Thanks! A metric clock is not too hard - three pairs of gears ratio 1:10 and one pair 1:1 to reverse direction. Member JLT posted a nifty gear designer that I use.

BTW no paper involved. I use Designer to lay out multiple parts, then copy and paste portions to .mpc project files to machine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clock layout.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	87075

Dick, that is very impressive. The design and using designer as your compositing tool.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789