Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: deleting patterns from library

Default deleting patterns from library

I know I have seen this thread but can't find it. Can anyone tell me how to delete patterns from the library when right click does not do it.

Check to see if the patterns are actually in the favorites database or just in the same subdirectory. If they are alone as separate files in the subdirectory, I do not think they can be deleted in Designer.

thanks ,we are getting there. Found the files to delete the doubles in the library. Just trying to figure out how to get to the files that will not delete.

just wanted to boost this post,would like to be able to find the files and delete the patterns in the library that cannot be deleted with the right mouse click. Found an older post on ccw organizer but was not sure if this is still a usable program.

Are these files in favorites or in a different collection? Maybe you could post a screen capture of what you are trying to do.

(Patterns can also be in the program files - carvewright - data subdirectory.)

yes most are in favorites, I was able to get rid of my duplicate favorites and basic files but still have some patterns in favorites that I cannot get to delete. I will try to look in the program files - carvewright - data subdirectory .
    Thanks

Some things that cannot be deleted in the pattern list can be deleted in the save as dialog. Go figure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Save Item.png  

I have had this problem many times in the past and I believe many others have also. Since you cannot export and import patterns that you do not own to a new patterns list it presents a real problem. The steps I used to solve it are a ROYAL PITA but it seemed to work.

1. MOVE (DO NOT COPY) the "Favorites.mpn file from your Windows user profile\Carvewright folder (usually in C:\Users\YourUserName\CarveWright) to a folder that is not in your Windows user profile. RENAME IT TO "FAVORITES2.MPN

2. Open the Designer. This will create a new "Favorites.mpn" file.

3. Close the Designer.

3. Copy the now renamed "Favorites2.mpn" to the C:\Users\YourUserName\CarveWright folder. You should now have a file named "Favorites.mpn" and a file named favorites2.mpn in that folder.

4. Open the Designer again and then open the patterns list. You should have a blank favorites folder and your original favorites folder.

5. Rename your original to avoid confusion.

6. Through trial and error I discovered that you cannot drag a sub-folder from one favorites folder to another but you can drag individual patterns. So, you will have to re-create all of the folders (right click, new catagory) in the new favorites folder and then drag each pattern from the old folder to the new. As I said before, this is a REAL PITA.

7. After dragging all of the patterns you want to the new favorites folder, close the Designer.

8. Again using the Windows File Explorer, delete the "favorites2.mpn" file from C:\Users\Your user name\CarveWright folder

This is a horrible way to manage the patterns list but it is the only way that I know of that works. In my opinion, this and other major problems with the list should have been addressed years ago.
    Steve

Thanks, It does sound like alot of work but we will have to do it. I am getting to many patterns and am afraid of crashing. I agree the management of pattern files needs to be looked at in any designer upgrades. Again, thanks I appreciate the help.

If it is the file size of the favorites file that you are worried about, deleting patterns will not help. The "container" only increases in size and does not decrease. After deleting patterns, the size can, however, be reduced using the program SQLite Browser 1.1. It has a data base compacting operation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SQLite Browser.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast