Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eo6-0324 message

I would replace the FFC Cable... A Intermittent break in the copper is likely causing this. Where the plastic holds the copper together until the Y moves and bends.

A TEST.... Move the head to the upper pin then go in and select options and sensor data and Z data. This will show up as 0000 wherever you have the head.

Move the head UP and Down and LEFT and Right. Return to the upper pin and look at the data. It should return to 0000 as it is just a counter. IF the FFC Cable is bad at least with the Encoder Data the number will be different because the break in the wire.

IF the wires in the FFC Cable supplying the POWER to the Servo break intermittently then the motor will do the same.

Have also seen this when the Encoder solder Connection snaps at the pin and donut ring. You can't see it on the servo as it is the underside.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06549_WEB.jpg   DSC06550_WEB.jpg   DSC06552_WEB.jpg   DSC06547_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 04-04-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Just a little update on this thread. Sorry to have left you hanging with no feedback as I ordered a new FFC cable and ribbon cable to head the next morning and I work 4 on 4 off with a day of OT in there. Anyhow my parts arrived and I watched the link as recommended I also have the entire manual that I printed out so I have a hard copy in front of me for anything and I write notes etc so I have my own added troubleshooting guide. So the parts came in and I had my first day off I went down and powered her up and selected a pattern and started it and it carved for about an hr on a piece of scrap poplar I had and it stopped and said the same error code. So I threaded the new FFC cable and installed it and recleaned and blew out everything and selected a fresh pattern and a new piece of poplar. So far today I've done 3 carvings and I'm shutting her down to crash for the night and get a fresh start on some carving tomorrow am. Thanks for the help Gentlemen I will be ordering a spare to add to my parts cabinet for her. Thank You Again!

Quote Originally Posted by TravBWest View Post
    Just a little update on this thread. Sorry to have left you hanging with no feedback as I ordered a new FFC cable and ribbon cable to head the next morning and I work 4 on 4 off with a day of OT in there. Anyhow my parts arrived and I watched the link as recommended I also have the entire manual that I printed out so I have a hard copy in front of me for anything and I write notes etc so I have my own added troubleshooting guide. So the parts came in and I had my first day off I went down and powered her up and selected a pattern and started it and it carved for about an hr on a piece of scrap poplar I had and it stopped and said the same error code. So I threaded the new FFC cable and installed it and recleaned and blew out everything and selected a fresh pattern and a new piece of poplar. So far today I've done 3 carvings and I'm shutting her down to crash for the night and get a fresh start on some carving tomorrow am. Thanks for the help Gentlemen I will be ordering a spare to add to my parts cabinet for her. Thank You Again!
    Good Job !!!!

Since you are planning ahead... GOOD to see...

Also order some Cut Motor Brushes for the 250 cut hour maintenance. Get more then one set as they go out of stock often.

And if you don't have a good moly lube for the flex get the one LHR sells as a burned up flex is very expensive and VERY preventable...

And have some 685ZZ Metric bearings to replace the Y Gear box Bearings at 250 too... will save you from having to buy a new gearbox since they are no longer selling the shaft gear.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Thanks AL I have a couple of bottles of lube because I learned that lesson early on at about 60 hrs. I do need to order some bearings and stuff to keep on hand as well as a spare o-ring or 2 for the board tracking. That is crazy that they won't be carrying that shafted. What are we supposed to do then fab our own until they come up with a replacement? I also had a quick question for you. Is it a necessity to upgrade to designer 3 to use the 1/32 bit?

Quote Originally Posted by TravBWest View Post
    Thanks AL I have a couple of bottles of lube because I learned that lesson early on at about 60 hrs. I do need to order some bearings and stuff to keep on hand as well as a spare o-ring or 2 for the board tracking. That is crazy that they won't be carrying that shafted. What are we supposed to do then fab our own until they come up with a replacement? I also had a quick question for you. Is it a necessity to upgrade to designer 3 to use the 1/32 bit?
    I ordered some 5 mm shafts 4 inches long from eBay along with some 5 mm set screw rings like I use as a bit stop. I am hoping to be able to tap out the worn shaft and use the new shafts and locking rings as a replacement. They are still on a slow boat from China....

I can use my chain saw chain grinder to cut them to length. This was a long 1/4 inch shaft bit I cut down.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09417_WEB.jpg   DSC00488_WEB.jpg   DSC03577_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 04-13-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123