Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eo6-0324 message

Any chance your flex is catching on the black cover slit on the UP stroke?
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Hmmm, possible. I did think I noticed that the flex seems to kind of catch or jerk, but I though I was just imagining it. I'll look at it when I get home tonight. I remember at the conference they suggested putting a zip tie on the cable where it came out in back to help pull it down. I did that a while ago but took it off to take the cover off.

Could be time to rotate the top cap if it has a worn spot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03362.JPG   DSC03352_WEB.jpg   DSC03351_WEB.jpg   DSC03354_WEB.jpg  

DSC03360_WEB.jpg   DSC03358_WEB.jpg   DSC03357.JPG   DSC03363_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Ok, Had to work late tonight so I didn't get out to the shop as soon as I would have liked.
    I put the zip tie back onto the flex cable where it comes out of the case in back and tried to run it again. After measuring the board, finding the bit, finding board thickness (this time it told me the board was too thin.) and getting a message that I should check my tracking roller do I want to abort or continue. Continue. When it got to drilling hole, the error message popped up.
    But wait.
    I came in to eat dinner and check the forum, AL I saw your post so I went out to check the flex shaft to see signs of what your photos show and try it once more. (First off my flex shaft doesn't hit the case at all it comes down nice and straight with about 3/16 space between it and the cover.) I thought I'll try run it again and write everything down as it happens.
    I did get another check tracking roller message when it was measuring the board. I hit enter to continue. I didn't get a too thin message this time though and, well, it worked. It cut out the ornament just like it was supposed to.
    Success but I really don't know why and I have a suspicion that it will happen again.

I've found that the rollers do seem to flatten in certain spots causing the Z-truck to brake hard along the rails- this can sometimes be overcome by raising/lowering the truck by hand several times prior to carving to get the 'flats' out of synch with each other, or physically rotate both the left or right side wheels with pliers, etc.... it seems that if flat spots occur it'll happen in both upper or both lower pairs of rollers at the same time, I guess due to adjusted tightness or wear at a 'favorite' spot of travel. If a pair gets flats, it seems the motor can handle moving the truck if you adjust the flats out of synch with each other, but if IN synch, fuggetaboutit, the brakes get slammed on. This, of course, only works if the wear is on the rollers, not the rails themselves. Best solution is to replace the rollers, but in a pinch, the above worked for me.
    Last edited by eastcutty; 10-24-2015 at 06:19 PM. Reason: added phrase

I wonder if your rollers are too tight. I had noticed once that if the rollers are really tight, the outside roller race distorts and the rollers feel lumpy as the the balls roll around inside.

I've been fighting this Z Axis stall
    Err E06-0324 for a few days now. I've cleaned and lubricated everything. I put the dot of glue on the encoder, checked my ribbon cable etc. I have defeated the door switches and have it open. I just got the error again while doing the Y axis user test this thing makes no sense. I have the CX model and only 260hrs on the unit.

We need an account of exactly when and how the stall happens.

This time because it's so random has happened after it asks if I want to stay under the rollers and then it says measuring board it moves about 2 1/2" and then says Z Axis stall Err E06-0324

I would suggest looking at the ffc cable to insure it is plugged in correctly into the back of the Y truck and that there are no breaks or cracks.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast