Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sending c machine to LHR for work

Default sending c machine to LHR for work

I need to have my c machine worked on, can you still send a machine to them and have it rebuilt?

I am sure you can. You need the original box and packing material.

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/se...structions.pdf

Thanks for the link, I am having tracking issues and cannot resolve them, I just do not have the time to tear into the machine any more. I have followed the forum posts on tracking and head pressure and have not had much success. I have thought about selling it or parting it and getting a new one. Anyone have any experience with sending a machine in?

Rmock,
    I don't mean to reflect negatively on sending your machine back, but my experience is that our friends at UPS, are kinda hard on the travel through their system. I think because of the weight of the machine, it sometimes is difficult for them to handle it with kid gloves the way it should be. And once again, not bashing UPS.
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

I agree, I have had some bad experiences with UPS also, I guess I will package it as good as I can and insure it. Still not sure if I should send this one in for repair or just buy a new one and keep this for parts, It has 1100 hrs. and has been pm'd regularly, just can't figure out the tracking issues I am having.

Explain tracking issue?

Is the board moving away from the brass roller while measuring? Head Level

Is the measurement not correct? Brass Roller bumping into the rubber belt.

For both I would remove both belts, clean the roller trays and re install the belts. Could be a bunched up belt making the brass roller end thicker.

WAG's complements of AL who.

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I bought a new Carvewright and sent my old one in to get repaired and found I still go to the old one for best results .
    They did a great job fixing it for me, don't hold back with repair works great.
    Gary
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

belts look good, at first I thought it was possibly a combination of board sensor and head pressure but I leveled the head and checked the sensor. Machine worked good a couple runs then back to the same problems. We run some heavy hours on these machines and I just can't spend anymore time on this one trying to figure it out. I appreciate the help and all of the posts here on the forum are very good, really they should be paying some of you guys for the time and effort you put in to helping people.

Thanks Gary, I just boxed it up and am going to send it in. Just one question, in your opinion was the cost of repair justifiable as compared to buying a new one?

I think they did not over charge me in any way. I know the cost of doing this work and feel I got the best deal for all the work they did to it.
    Very happy with the charges.

Gary
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast