Thread: Carving Rotary Lithopanes in 4” Inside Diameter PVC pipe (4 ½” Outside Diameter)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

All the parts except the jig and dowel go up when the head goes up. If you lay spacers on top of the jig plates. The head will not come down as far. The head, the rollers, the y carriage will all be up 1/8" higher.

Try it. Tape two 1/8" strips of wood to the tops of the jig and clamp it in.

MAN! you are Johnny-on-the-spot. I posted my message and then suddenly realized what you actually said was right and I had misunderstood. But before I got a chance to post an EDIT, you already posted a response! In any case, below is my edit of my above response, the first part of which I entirely deleted because you were right. This "quick reply" option can really catch you! Hopefully I have this one right.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm. it's worth a try. I can see what you are talking about. I must be slipping. I used to see that mechanical stuff before anyone else. Hell, I used to imagine that stuff in my head and then draw it out.

OTOH I got the vernacular wrong. I was looking at the z-truck but it is actually below the rails part of the y-truck (that the z-truck rides on) that contacts the cylinder. So the problem is contact with the Y-truck not Z-truck.

It's late now and I have two MD appointments tomorrow so I won't be able to follow up with the shims until late tomorrow afternoon... unless my wife have more tasks for me. But it just may work after all and I'll keep at it until we know for sure. Thanks again.

I'm glad you're on our side.