Thread: what version of designer do you need?

1. Default what version of designer do you need?

Do you need Designer 3 to use this (3d pattern modeling suite) ? I have 1.87. I went to the shopping cart on carvewright and it does not say. Just a hint for Carvewright. Each of the add on software pages on the store should say what versions of designer they work with and what additional software will be needed to use the software. With all the versions and add ons it is hard to decipher this. There is no "requirements" sections. I would hate to see someone buy this or other software and find out it would not work with the version of designer they have.

What type of carving are you wanting to do?

I think that if it does not say, it will work with any version of Designer. When an add on does require something else, I think they say so.

(Maybe they should explicitly indicate the which add ons work with any Designer version.)

4. Default

No specific item just trying to look at which item might be my next purchase to try and save up for. The problem is that almost all items seem to require multiple purchases. I would like the rotary but would have to buy the rotary jig for $350, Stl Importer for $200 and Desiger 3 for $300, So to do Rotary carves would cost me $850 ! Which by the way I had to figure out on my own because if you go to the rotary jig page it says nothing about requiring all the add ons in order to use it.

I am just looking to try and save up and expand my carving abilities but it is hard to do when you have to figure out what works with what. I next thought about the 3d modeling suite but once again It does not say if it works with designer 1.87 or if you have to upgrade first. The use of add ons is confusing if you have an older machine and the older software. LHR needs to make the requirements for add ons and accessory's easier to see and put them on each item page.

This info is on the DETAILED DESCRIPTION of the product in the store.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    This info is on the DETAILED DESCRIPTION of the product in the store.
    Thank you , I could not find it before but I looked now and there it is.

I think the Rotary Jig came out with 2.05, so if you have 1.187 you have to upgrade, but you get a bunch of other neat stuff that was in 2 and what is in 3. Good investment. STL Importer is not a requirement, however would be nice to have, eventually - depending on what you plan to do. Get it later. I just saved you $200.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

It was on most. A couple of them didn't have it.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!