Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotary Project Viewing Problem

I tried your scenarios and see you are right. Nice trouble shooting and welcome to the forum. I never use wood and so rarely have the issue. Now I know why. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by capodi View Post
    Greetings...
    I have a long history with this issue, at first, all was working wonderfully, then Bam! I am running Windows 10 on a desktop, laptop and most recently, Windows 7 on a brand new desktop. I have installed and uninstalled (using Revo Uninstaller) and reinstalled the Designer 3.0 Pro from packaged download via IE and Chrome. I have also replaced the Wood1 folder with versions from 2002, 2012 and 2015. All-in-all, the Rotary rendering of the 3D image remained an issue.

Here is my summary of the many scenarios I encountered while running under Windows 7 on my new desktop:
    Scenario 1
    When you start a new project, with Texture=Wood, the rotary rendering of the 3D image is perfect.
    When you leave the project, with Texture=Wood, then return to the project, the rendering of the 3D image is flawed.
    Scenario 2
    When you return to the project, with Texture=Wood, the rendering of the 3D image is flawed, then change Texture=None, leave the project and return to the project with Texture=None, the rendering of the 3D image is perfect.
    Scenario 3
    When you return to the project, with Texture=None, change Texture=WOOD, the rendering of the 3D image is perfect.

Bottom Line (Remediation to Resolve)
    The Rotary rendering of the 3D image has issues when opening up a project with Texture=Wood.
    The project must be "cycled" (leave and return with Texture=None) before the Rotary rendering of the 3D image is perfect.

Warm Regards,
    Ron
    Well, I didn't try those exact sequences and that may help. I did have the projects set to a custom wood color and I was thinking that may have been the problem. It was temporarily solved when I switched to "none". Thanks for the info.

As Bergerud said, welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 10-15-2015 at 08:58 PM.
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12