Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotary Project Viewing Problem

Default Rotary Project Viewing Problem

For some reason, my designer program (version 3.102 Build 12440) doesn't show the detail on the right side screen of a rotary project. It did before, but I don't remember when it stopped showing it. It may have been when it updated to 3.102. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have suggestions for a fix?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will be working on some rotary projects soon and would like to be able to send customers views of the designs...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	78276
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtyme View Post
    For some reason, my designer program (version 3.102 Build 12440) doesn't show the detail on the right side screen of a rotary project. It did before, but I don't remember when it stopped showing it. It may have been when it updated to 3.102. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have suggestions for a fix?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will be working on some rotary projects soon and would like to be able to send customers views of the designs...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	78276
    I had the same problem awhile back. It's happened several times and it may have something to do with custom wood pics. To fix it I replaced the "woods1" folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\CarveWright3\woods1) with the original. I had made a backup of these files shortly after installing. If you didn't, you can use the woods1 folder from the Carvewright (1.187) or the Carvewright2 folder or just reinstall. I am not absolutely positive about this fix but it seemed to work.
    Steve

Thank you much, Steve. I will give it a shot....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Gave it a shot, Steve, but it appears all of my versions of the designer Program have the same contents in the wood1 file and got the same results. It must have updated all the files when the program got updated. I will see if I have a backup somewhere ....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com

I was told the fix for this is to reinstall Designer. I did do that once.

I will give it a shot... thx
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com

That did the trick....Thanks Dan...
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com

Rotary software seems to stop displaying correctly on right side, if you close using wood grain. Change to Texture - NONE. (Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or across multiple OS.)
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Rotary software seems to stop displaying correctly on right side, if you close using wood grain. Change to Texture - NONE. (Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or across multiple OS.)
    I tried that many times without success and I don't think this is a Windows 10 issue. It happened to me when I was using Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. However, it has not been a problem since I switched to Windows 10 but I don't think that is the fix.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 10-15-2015 at 11:35 AM.
    Steve

Greetings...
    I have a long history with this issue, at first, all was working wonderfully, then Bam! I am running Windows 10 on a desktop, laptop and most recently, Windows 7 on a brand new desktop. I have installed and uninstalled (using Revo Uninstaller) and reinstalled the Designer 3.0 Pro from packaged download via IE and Chrome. I have also replaced the Wood1 folder with versions from 2002, 2012 and 2015. All-in-all, the Rotary rendering of the 3D image remained an issue.

Here is my summary of the many scenarios I encountered while running under Windows 7 on my new desktop:
    Scenario 1
    When you start a new project, with Texture=Wood, the rotary rendering of the 3D image is perfect.
    When you leave the project, with Texture=Wood, then return to the project, the rendering of the 3D image is flawed.
    Scenario 2
    When you return to the project, with Texture=Wood, the rendering of the 3D image is flawed, then change Texture=None, leave the project and return to the project with Texture=None, the rendering of the 3D image is perfect.
    Scenario 3
    When you return to the project, with Texture=None, change Texture=WOOD, the rendering of the 3D image is perfect.

Bottom Line (Remediation to Resolve)
    The Rotary rendering of the 3D image has issues when opening up a project with Texture=Wood.
    The project must be "cycled" (leave and return with Texture=None) before the Rotary rendering of the 3D image is perfect.

Warm Regards,
    Ron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast