Thread: pattern cut out

Ozark, Alabama, United States, 108704179153666, Ozark, Alabama

Default pattern cut out

I have purchased the coin bank pattern a long time ago and I just started having problems with one of my machines when it comes to cutting out the pattern , for some reason the tabs are not being left in the project and when one piece gets cut all the way out it messes up the rest of the cut outs because the loose piece will sometimes jam up the rollers. any ideas whats going on?

Is it that the cutout was too deep? Did you see the bit raise and lower as if trying to leave tabs? If so, maybe you need to go through the thickness calibration. (The machine may have thought the board was thicker than it was.)

Ozark, Alabama, United States, 108704179153666, Ozark, Alabama

I have 3 machines and this one machine is the only one that cuts out the whole pattern. Is there something I need to do different for this one machine?

You can do a thickness calibration. 0-6-2 at the keypad. Input the thickness of the board. (Use a board you accurately know the thickness of.) The machine will measure the board thickness and be recalibrated.

As a test, you could first do this: Create a cutout project on say a 3/4" thick project board. Now put a thinner, say 1/2" board in the machine. It will measure the board and then stop with something like this: Board may be too thin: 0.57/0.75. The 0.57 would be what the machine measured the thickness to be. This way you can tell how far off the calibration is. Try it again after you have done the calibration to see how well it worked.

For sure do the calibration check like Dan said. Also verify what the tab heights are in the project. If on the lowest setting try going up a couple of sizes.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.