Thread: no heavy duty traction belts????

Default no heavy duty traction belts????

maybe i wasnt looking in the right place, but i couldnt find the heavy duty traction belts on the website. i also couldnt find any posts on the forum here saying that they were out of stock. if they are out of stock, is there any timeline when they might be back in stock??
    -Jason

I think they may be out as you say:

http://store.carvewright.com/home.php?cat=283

I would give them a call to find out for sure.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Sorry for being late posting this. I called and lhr is indeed out of them with an eta of soon.
    -Jason

so i ordered the belts and got them the other day. i was looking them over, and they look different, they have ridges on them. having never seen the original ones, i thought they were smoother than these. can anyone verify? i didnt know if LHR sourced them from somewhere different this time? i started to install them today and noticed something wierd. i slid them on the drive trays, tensioned the springs and it was like the rollers were bent. the rollers are straight and they roll straight as an arrow. the belt would bind in a certain spot, roll really hard for a quarter of a roll and free up untill that spot again. i know it isnt right, and it would cause undo stress on the x drive system. any feed back would be appreciated.
    -Jason

The belts do have ridges on them. I noticed the same thing with my rubber belts when I got them. They seem to stretch and contract as they roll around. Not exactly uniform. I am not sure if it makes any difference to the operation.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    The belts do have ridges on them. I noticed the same thing with my rubber belts when I got them. They seem to stretch and contract as they roll around. Not exactly uniform. I am not sure if it makes any difference to the operation.
    Thank you sir
    -Jason