Thread: 3" round PVC lithophane display idea

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 3" round PVC lithophane display idea

I don't know if this idea has been shared, but I have been thinking about this for some time, and finally tried it out. If this has been addressed point me to the post so I can delete this one.
    This deals with the 3" round pvc lithophanes. The kids bought my wife some time ago a rotating round base with colored led's in the middle, and you could display these square or rectangle pieces of glass with different designs in the middle of them, (see pic).
    I found a place on eBay that sells the rotating base in the $11.00 range, driven by an included power pack. 3 AA's batteries can be used but the base will not rotate under battery power. But when I put my lithophanes on the base, the colors did not have enough light, looked kinda cool, but not bright enough. So went to my local Harbor Freight store, and purchased a pack of 2- 9 bulb white led flashlights for $3.00. After a little modification I now have a lithophane that rotates approx one revolution a minute with plenty of white light. I tried purchasing a white led rotating base, but I could not seem to find a reasonable priced one, prices jumped considerably.
    Anyway just another idea, hopefully new, for our hobby.
    Thanks,
    Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0082.JPG   IMG_0073.JPG   IMG_0083.JPG   IMG_0087.JPG  

3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7