Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Using blender 3d to create stl for CW pattern

Oscar, the effort is greatly appreciated. Even something you may not think has value really helps us blender newbies out. I couldn't get my volume high enough to hear it tho. I suppose I will wait for the "polished" version

Thank you very much for the heads up. Yup, I am officially not very good at making these things. I went back and redid the video. I had a rough script so info will be similar. A little rough in spots but the sound volume should be audible now. When I was setting up my mike software I did not realize if I didn't check a box the system defaulted to 50% volume. So a case of user not knowing his tools.

I hope you stick with blender and get past the initial cliff. I am amazed at what a free software package can do. I have just scratched the surface after two years of playing with it but I am finally at a point that I can focus on the art and not the mechanics (though I am still learning the mechanics).

3. Default

You removed the video too fast I wanted to see it.

I replaced the video with an updated one. This one has noise you can hear (my voice). They pretty much have the same info with different sound bytes.

Here is the updated site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoXtzqSFprU

I did forget to mention in the second video that the default stl perspective in blender is the z axis looking down. So you need to orient your model in that perspective when you export the object.

I think you did a great job! Narrative is well done. I found it very informative. Thanks! Looking forward to the next one.
    dbemus

Thanks and thanks to whoever gave me a thumbs up on my video. I know the video was really amateurish but it was fun to make. I may post some tutorials tomorrow on how to make some basic patterns. I was thinking gears or bullets.

Suggestion - I am trying to teach myself Blender (crash course). I don't know if others had the same problem I had but I cannot see your cursor. It would help if I can see that and if you have screencast keys that would also help. You did a good job and the narrative was helpful.

Scooby, thanks for the feedback. I did struggle on what level to do the presentation. I was aiming for an intermediate blender user but a new CW designer stl importer user. Having said that I have no clue how to make the curser visible with my video capture software but I can turn on the screencast key in blender in the future. I do have a request to show how I port gears from blender into CW so I will make a quick tutorial this weekend. I have to do a quick run into Houston today so won't be home until late Sat or early Sun.

Have you tried the Blender bas-relief add-on? It is yet another way to convert 3d objects in Blender into height maps for Designer.

Dan, I have. Unfortunately it does not work in the newest blender versions. They keep tweaking the code.

For those not familiar with it, its a blender add on for purchase. I believe its something like 32.00. So really inexpensive.

It does further adjustment to the normalization modifier so the results are a little smoother. Doing the gradient without it is still pretty good in my opinion in most cases though.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast