Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Using blender 3d to create stl for CW pattern

Thank you. They were fun to build. Hopefully it is a little fun for anyone trying to learn the software.

Here are my latest patterns for my library. A spoon and some architectural elements. Of the two, the dang spoon was a lot more painful to build. It took forever to smooth out the bowl portion of the spoon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW new patterns.png  

Very attractive design!!!

dbemus, thank you.

For the blender users. Here is another practice piece.

Enclosed is a basic head base mesh (low poly). Using your different sculpting tools you can morph it to whatever you want or need.

Using the base mesh I am working on an old man pattern. Slightly more advanced and fun is the Victorian vampire image. I used the same base mesh to create that image as well. It was for a "just for fun" graphics contest using blender.

I uploaded an early version of the pattern in the pattern sharing section if anyone is interested. I am still working on the pattern and it will eventually go into my library when completed. I will also be adding some hair at some point to finish it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails base mesh.png   base mesh sculpted to old man.png   vampire bust small.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Really happy with the end result.

I bought some anatomy models for reference for my sculpting and this was a practice session with them. Still have a really long ways to go.

Would love to see what other folks come up with.

Too many projects not enough time. Dick's newest clock was amazing. I still have to design and build my own.

Post Script:

I'm still playing with the model. Took it back into sculpt mode and started playing with facial expressions.

Here is grumpy old man.

Post Post Script:

Now happy old man.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW old man face final.png   CW grumpy old man.png   CW happy old man.png  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 01-21-2019 at 01:13 AM.

I wasn't sure if they would work since a whip is so thin but tried it anyway. Newest hobby is paracord bull whips. I've constructed two so far. Not super loud. I can get around 90db out of them. Professional ones of course are a lot louder but still pretty happy with mine.

Pattern is of the whip only.

Simple line spun around an axis using the ring modifier. I have the model shape modifed/curved with a bezier curve so I can change the shape easily. I may try to wind it up for storage later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW bull whip.png  

Morning star

5 minute pattern.

Three elements: sphere, cone, cylinder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW morning star.png  

I messed around with Blender years ago, but quickly became frustrated with it and gave up.
    But @oscarl48 seeing what you are doing makes me think I should try it again.

It took me until the 3rd attempted time before I was able to stick with it (aha moment). I kept at it because it has some amazing abilities.

It is a lot to learn but for pattern building all you need is the modeling portion. The newest beta version is striving for a more mainstream user interface. It is throwing me for a loop because I was finally comfortable with the non-mainstream interface. I pretty much have to relearn it all over again. But it is a ton of fun.

Its only limitation for me is me. With enough time and effort you can pretty much model anything limited only by your skills. Mine are still in what I call an advanced basic.

It's sometimes a little bit of work to create simple 3d shapes using basic so here are some patterns to speed things up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW basic shapes.png  

oscarl48

Very useful! Thanks for sharing!!

Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast