Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Using blender 3d to create stl for CW pattern

Alan,

You can PM your email I can send you his blend file with the node setup or you might be able to download it from the webpage where he shared it with me.

https://blenderartists.org/forum/sho...etchbook/page5

The way he built it, its nested/grouped in 4 levels. Enclosing screen captures of the different groups. He is using the ambient occlusion along with a power math modifier to capture detail up front and blur the detail as you get further along the model. I tried using a logarithmic math modifier and seemed to capture more detail but the power modifier seemed to be smoother.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bas relief top level.png   bas relief second level.png   bas relief third level.png   bas relief fourth level.png  

Wanted to show off another model going into my personal pattern library. I own one of these and wanted to model it forever and a day but my skills were previously not up to the par with what I wanted but gave it a try anyway. I am pretty pleased with it. Not perfect but close enough but some future carve.

Its a M5E1 carbine if anyone was wondering.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW M5E1 carbine.png   M5E1 carbine3 small.jpg  

Oscar, that is just blinking amazing

Dian, thank you. It was a fun build though I am still not very fast. Took about 10 hours to build the model.

I hope you are still playing with the software. It is getting better and better.

I finally did change the interface so the left mouse button is the selector. Under [user preferences > input > select with] click on left button so the software works like every other software out there. It took a bit but I am retraining my muscle memory to click the left button instead of the right but I am getting there.

I am still learning the new node setup but it works pretty good. Here is an old pattern I shared a few years ago but converted using the new setup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D10 international truck3.png  

Default Any design ideas?

My wife and I are giving my dragon claw clock to my brother in law. He totally loved it. He is more into dragons than I am and that is saying a lot.

That means I can build another clock. WOOT! (a little D&D jargon for the old timer nerds out there, me included)

My wife wants something carved on the side columns and nothing is screaming at me on what it should be. Rock formation, dragon scales, gears and cogs,...not sure.

Any ideas?

I should be able to start on it this weekend. Also, finally started building more patterns for the depot store as well. Need to test carve them this weekend if I have time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dragon claw clock design 2v2 small.jpg  

Google "Dragon Pillar" there are some cool ideas and challenges for you.

Scooby, thank you. That is a super cool idea. Off to the design board to see what I can build.

Still needs some tweaking but I am close.

Edit: Thought it would be fun to show a rendered image of the model.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW dragon column.png   dragon column clay.jpg  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 05-13-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Looks cool Oscar

Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast