Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Using blender 3d to create stl for CW pattern

Nice Work!!!
    Getting ready to build a fly tying bench 65x24
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bear 1 render.jpg   24133594_10214862144817138_1395720649_n.jpg  
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

John,

That is going to be amazing. Hope you post pictures of the finished bench.

The model looks amazing as well. Beautiful work.

- O

Another one for my library. I just imported the model so not optimized as a cnc pattern. It would probably take me hours of tweaking and test carving a few times to get it right so simply going into my library for some future date to play with. But I thought it was cool model and pattern. Made it for a 3d modeling contest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fantasy bike cnc pattern.jpg  

Awesome!!!

That is very cool Oscar.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Thanks guys. That was a fun model to build.

I thought I had a great concept for a pattern for the pattern depot but the concept and the execution did not match. My skills did not match the image in my head. But I did see how useful the draw functions in blender can be. I rough drafted the idea in blender before starting to model. Having a drawing pad is a definite plus. After the rough model was done I added detail by sculpting.

Though not happy with the cnc pattern (still going into the library), I rendered the model using a stained glass material and I think it came out pretty good. At least in my opinion.

Press "D" while using a drawing pen on your pad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blender firebird.png   CW firebird.png   stained glass firebird small.jpg  

Wow!! I like the CNC pattern with the circular background. Really looks sharp!

Thank you. I am a torn in that the pattern I made is not terrible but it's not what I was aiming for.

I also like the circular background. It always takes me a bit to time to figure out how to do that stuff for design layering in designer since its not my main pattern modeling software. I always have to keep playing with merge and clip carving settings before I accidentally stumble on what I need. I tend to forget what I did between pattern building.

So for anyone wanting to use the background, it's done in designer and its all about grouping. I nested the circles in each other. You can build as many circles as will fit in the depth of the wood as you want.

You want to keep the central pattern outside the groups so you can add draft if you want.

- O
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW circular background.png  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 01-15-2018 at 04:54 PM. Reason: American English instead of whatever I used earlier

Thank you for the informative example. I will have to give it a try!

Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast