Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Using blender 3d to create stl for CW pattern

Alan, thanks. If I continue making two sided carvings I am going to have to figure it out. I haven't had much use for jigs up to this point since I mainly do one offs. Not sure if I want to do production work.

After some work with files and sandpaper I finished two spoons. Not super great but for a small town craft show may be okay. If not they will make nice gifts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4568.jpg  

2. Default

Well I've found that marking the center on both sides and then jogging to those marks to start the carve is the best way to center the two sided carve. Just measuring and marking with a pencil is better than when the machine measures the board.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Alan, thanks. If I continue making two sided carvings I am going to have to figure it out. I haven't had much use for jigs up to this point since I mainly do one offs. Not sure if I want to do production work.

After some work with files and sandpaper I finished two spoons. Not super great but for a small town craft show may be okay. If not they will make nice gifts.
    oscar148 is it possible to get those spoon as a ptn or they are in the store if so what name you go under
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Alan, again thanks. At some point I have to make time to learn how to do some of that stuff. I have so many projects on going I am not dedicating enough time to master the machine the way I should. Are you still playing with blender? I am astounded at what it can do every time I use it. I think after almost three years I am an intermediate beginner on a few aspects of it. Still haven't played much with animation.

Henry, here you go. Again for anyone carving them please use your good judgement on the setup. I still have work to do on that obviously.

Since I had the model decided to slap some material on it and make a render.

For the blender users, I used the blender internal render engine and procedural materials. Cycles is awesome but BI is still pretty cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails simple welsh spoon render small.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you oscar appreciated
    Henry

7. Default

Thats really cool, a matching fork would also be cool, hint hint. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by normrichards View Post
    Thats really cool, a matching fork would also be cool, hint hint. LOL
    hint hint I second that, mine came out great fork would be nice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0564.JPG   100_0564.JPG  
    Henry

Henry, thank you for sharing. They look great. I am glad you were able to carve them. Yours came out better than mine. lol

We'll see about forks in the future.

Okay. I was way over thinking the project. I just loaded the spoon and cut slots in it. Instant fork. Took about 30 secs. Way longer to convert it into an actual pattern. It was right at 100 megs so designer kept crashing. Had to go back and reduce the size of the model but finally got it to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW heart love fork.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast