Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Using blender 3d to create stl for CW pattern

Default Jumping ATV

Playing with the bas relief gray scale node setup. It is a pleasure to play with. It is almost dialed in.

You probably recognize this old pattern. I made this 4 years ago and it was probably one of my first complex models.

Tried a few different angles to see what they looked like.

For any new folks, right click on the image and then left click "save image as".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jumping atv.jpg   jumping atv2.jpg   jumping atv3.jpg   jumping atv4.jpg  

bas relief setup.png  

Default Colonial Viper

Battlestar Colonial Viper

Going back to old models and seeing how they look at grayscale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails viper.png   viper2.jpg  

Just figured out a really simple technique for kaleidescope type patterns. Using blender 2.8.

1. Create a simple shape.
    2. Move off center.
    3. Duplicate a number of times around center and join.
    4. In edit mode, go to vertex button
    5. Select > Hooks
    6. Select > Hook to new Object (will create an empty in object space)
    7. In object mode > Select empty and rotate
    8. Resulting shape can be exported as a model/pattern
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-05-20 17_14_37-Window.png  

If anyone is interested I made a short tutorial on how to setup the blender software to create these rosette style patterns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udwfJfzrJEI

Post Script

You can get quite a bit of variation using different shapes and number of branches.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-05-27 00_37_59-CarveWright - [Untitled Project].png  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 05-27-2019 at 12:42 AM.

The node setup from Jacob (DevilsDJ on BlenderArtists website) is pretty amazing. I am getting results that rival the node that I purchased a while ago which unfortunately does not work with the current versions of blender.

Made a super fast low detail B-52 for a weekend modeling challenge. I think it looks pretty good as a depth map image. Not perfect but a fun pattern.

* For any new folks: Click on the black and white image > save image as > and import as an image into designer.

Let me know what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-06-02 12_03_12-CarveWright - [Untitled Project].png   B-52.jpg  

You make it seem so easy!!! Very nice details.

lol. Just a lot practice and a whole lot of perseverance.

Blender 2.8 finally out. It looks amazing. Have to wait for some of my favorite add-ons to port over but really excited about EEVEE render engine for animations.

Not a lot of upgrade to the sculpting tools except for new user interface but still okay.

This was a pleasant surprise. I made a quick little pattern for practice. I ran the model through the bas relief set up in blender so I could share with my local woodworking club group and it looks way better that the stl port version. The render captured all the wood grain and wrapped handle detail. The actual model geometry is flat but because I used displacement in the material the render captured it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-08-10 13_19_32-CarveWright - [Untitled Project].png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Geometric shape. No clue what it is. I was just playing with geometry. Pattern does not include letters. Just threw in my initials to see how they looked.

It looks like something I've seen but my brain just can't remember what it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-08-11 03_08_58-CarveWright - [Untitled Project].png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast