Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Using blender 3d to create stl for CW pattern

dbemus, hopefully they are useful at some point.

Playing with modeling today on a fun project, a ram skull. The fun modeling part was the horns.

The enclosed pictures are: the pattern, the low poly I made as the starting base, and finally the end render of the 3d model. Final model was only 400K. So not super hi-poly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW ram skill side.png   ram skull low poly.png   ram skull.jpg  

Wow!!! Impressive work!! Looks like the real object!

dbemus, thanks. It was a fun sculpt.

Here is a material node setup for an abstract swirl pattern. The resulting pattern was too large to post unfortunately.

Add a plane. Apply a material to the plane. Go into the node editor for the material and build the node tree. You can then tweak the numbers to get completely different shapes.

P.S. Reduced the size of the pattern and was able to upload for anyone interested in carving it without playing with blender.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails abstract swirl.png   swirls.png   CW swirl.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by oscarl48; 02-04-2019 at 12:55 PM.

After reading all your posts about Blender, I decided to down load it again. The patterns you create are amazing and you make it sound so easy!!! Thank you for all your contributions to this forum.

That is awesome. My recommendation is to start with 2.8 instead of 2.79 due to its more standard user interface. It is still not 100% stable but it is the future of the software. I am also still just learning it as well.

Lol. Easy is relative though once you get past the user interface and start thinking in terms of 3d it really is easy and a ton of fun.

Would love to see some of your efforts. Don't be discouraged if they are not perfect when you start. Mine are still far from where I want them to be.

That I did. 2.8 with a bunch of You Tube tutors.

I am having a heck of a time trying to learn 2.8. I can't find half the stuff I need when I need it. I might take this time and start learning zbrush as well. But I agree with a lot of users that the zbrush UI is worse than bad.

Regardless, I wanted to do some sculpting practice and I wanted to do a big cat head. Made a quick primitive to start. Here is the stl file of it for you'all to play around with sculpting.

Would love to see what folks can make with it. You can always add to it as well for a mane or to make it more of a fantasy figure. Not sure what direction I am going with either. Clean slate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails big cat sculpting primitive.png  

A fun little sculpt. Not anatomically correct but then I have no clue what a big cat looks like in the inside.

cnc pattern is mediocre. Again, not all 3d models make good patterns.

P.S. Went back and did a few more slices and some patterns were okay. If I was going for a pattern I would go back and tweak the model a bit more and get the depth proportions better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails big cat head sculpt.png   CW big cat head sculpt.png  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 02-10-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Okay. A bottle of wine later these looks like the funky yellow submarine (Beatles movie) type of images.

What do you all think? lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW funky yellow submarine.png   CW funky yellow submarine 3.png   CW funky shapes 2.png  

If you have to tell them it is a Beatles movie, they probably won't get the idea. Those of us that do know the movie will understand and yes they are nice as well

Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast