Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Using blender 3d to create stl for CW pattern

Looks sharp Oscar

Thanks gents. I'll have to finish it early next week. My main computer just went down. My backup does not have designer on it and I am out of computer registrations. I'll have to call tomorrow and get my old computer de-registered.

I finally noticed my computer was overheating this weeked (it shut itself off). I thought it was the cpu cooler but after replacing it, the cpu was still running really hot (100-110C). I downloaded a cpu monitor program and it showed the cpu was configured in a way that it was running at 100%. Reduced cpu performance to normal and presto the cpu is back to 35C. So have no idea how long my computer was running hot. Probably shaved a year or two off the computer. Oh well.

But on the good side I no longer have to de-register my old computers.

Here is the version of the pattern that I finally ended at. Hopefully it is of use to someone.

Added the bas relief image for general use.

I have not carved this so please use your CW and wood working know how. If there are issues and I can fix let me know.

P.S.
    For fun added some materials and rendered the scene.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-01-13 11_49_44-CarveWright - [Untitled Project].png   Forest scene v2.jpg   Pastel scene original.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by oscarl48; 01-16-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Default Tactical Watch Clock

Idea is to use a clock insert for the center. Size the pattern so the inner circle can be cutout and be able to fit the clock insert.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-02-04 15_13_28-Window.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great one Oscar, love it!

Thank you. Hopefully of use to someone.

Blender 2.82 is now out. For cnc pattern building:

They added a few brushes on the sculpting area.

They added some cloth physics options. They added internal pressure and spring physics. Great for making balloons and stuffed cushion stuff.

They added custom profiles for bevels. Great option for custom baseboards and chair rails or decorative borders.

A bunch of other stuff that really doesn't help for pattern building.

C17 Globemaster depth map renders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C-17 Globemaster 002.jpg   C-17 Globemaster 003.jpg   C-17 Globemaster.jpg  

M911 Heavy Equipment Transporter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M911 HET tractor 003.jpg  

Default Longworth Chuck

Wife wanted me to turn some wood mushrooms after seeing them on a YouTube channel so finally made myself go make one these. I've been eyeing them for a while. Only decent plywood I had was some 3/4 oak plywood so the chuck will be a little thick.

Blender can do precision work but it is something you have to diligently do step by step. Since it is art software it will allow you do pretty much anything without constraints. For precision work you need constraint. So in Blender it is extra work to ensure you are doing thing exactly. Not my strong suite.

Lol. Eye balling is generally good enough if you have a good eye... Where are my glasses?

Though I didn't use these, instructions have been previously posted on how to make these.

https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...ight=longworth

Steve also generously shared his version.

https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...ight=longworth

If anyone wants a copy of mine let me know and I'll upload it. It has a 9 inch diameter. I still haven't tested it yet so main reason for not throwing it up here. It is cold and blustery and my garage is cold and blustery so wood working will have to wait until this weekend. It will be 70 degrees and beautiful in East Texas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6259 small.jpg   longworth chuck.png  

Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast