Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Using blender 3d to create stl for CW pattern

Default Using blender 3d to create stl for CW pattern

I was asked if I could create a tutorial video on how I create my patterns. Its been a somewhat long road to get to where I am at and I am nowhere near being proficient yet.

The whole skill sets in creating good tutorials is also an entirely different thing as well. So here is my first video creation as an experiment and as a learning point for myself. It is not a tutorial but a quick over the shoulder look at how I make a simple cross. The entire process took maybe three minutes from opening blender 3d to having the CW pattern. This is not indicative of what a complex pattern takes. I have literally taken several weeks to build a complex 3d model. The skills value in creating 3d models is cross platform which can be used in 3d printing and general cnc pattern creation.

https://youtu.be/dCphETgQfww

Youtube has been my #1 instructor in learning blender 3d. I have purchased several books on blender 3d which were also very valuable tools but the videos cemented my learning. Like everything else practice and more practice helps fine tune the skills. Again nowhere near proficient but a ton of fun.

Very well done Oscar. You're gettin' purdy darn good at this.

Thanks Suzanne. Making the video was way harder than I thought it would be since I was putting two videos together with different formats and video size. I played with video like 15 years ago and I've forgotten everything. I still have to figure out how to add sound correctly as a sound track.

I can record sound as I do the screen capture but don't like the idea. Too many background noises and broken speech. I have trouble doing two things at once. talking and walking at the same time is a challenge.

nice video, you made the blender work look very easy.

dave

Way too fast for me! It just looks like magic.

Dave, it is easy. Or at least parts of it. That was the simple stuff. Anyone can learn that in about 30 minutes. Its mainly learning the software interface.

Its the advanced stuff that blows my mind. I am astounded by real 3d artists regardless of the software they use.

Dan, it is magic. I have no clue how the software works so it must be magic.

Good Job Oscar!!

Stay with quads once you master them you can create anything for cnc. You right the interface is key
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

John,

Thanks. Slowly making progress but a long ways from mastering the software. I am amazed at what technology allows us.

Great job! It would be really great if you had extra time and narrated the video as you slowly did the project
    Heather

Heather,

That was a great comment about time. I have more hobbies than time and that dang work thing keeps me away from doing the fun stuff.

Also doing videos for posting are a completely new thing for me. Another hobby to learn.

Having said that I really do want to do one or two more videos that are actual tutorials. Let me know if there is anything specific you would like me to try (still not great at any of it).

After 1.5 years I finally have my CW tuned in and its happily carving as I type. Finger crossed it stays that way for a while.

Regards,
    Oscar

Jinxed myself. Walked out to check on the carve and got stung by a wasp. I've been stung by a bee and a bumble bee before but first time by a wasp. I can state that it is much more painful experience than the first two stings.

Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast