Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Open with preview

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post
    200 bucks, 200 bucks, 200 bucks (used to be 5 bucks
    I dont know about the 5 bucks part, but I have only basic designer and can not afford the add ons because of the 200 bucks, 200 bucks, 200 bucks . I dont know how the ones who buy every add on that comes out can afford it.

A1, you haven't got your card back yet? you have waited a long time, have they gave you a word on when it will be there?

The order for his replacement card was placed and processed the day last week that we received it. I don't know how we could process it any faster than that.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by normrichards View Post
    I dont know about the 5 bucks part
    There was some commercial, I want to say 20 years ago, where if you wanted something extra it was 5 bucks,5 bucks,5 bucks.

I suspect that LHR has gone from a update/fix model to an upgrade model. There are several "Bugs" not addressed, but you will have to wait and purchase the next version to see them resolved. It has worked too well for them over the past 18 months.

You expect updates and fixes ? LHR has discovered that they can charge $200 -300 a pop for upgrades ... You'll see em Designer 4 for a price of course ... Inventibles looking better and better ...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Whether they charge for it or not the length of time since the last one seems a bit odd. There was one in January but only introduced the 1/32" bit. The one before that was in October of last year.
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Quote Originally Posted by 2A Finishing View Post
    I noticed that there's little activity here except from a few members and staff, and there seems to be no post for the pre-convention contest I've seen mentioned... those things among others worry me for several reasons.

I've also noticed a decline in participation on this forum from all experience levels. Especially with senior members. Very few of us left.
    Steve

If there is a version 4! Flame wars seem to be really easy to start here and I don't want to start one. Just concerned.
    Steve

The activity of LHR and the activity of the forum must be mutually exclusive. I think LHR is happy with Designer 3 for the time being and is instead working on new hardware ideas. You know, some R&D.

Default Open with preview

Participation increases with drama. I've seen it over the last 8.5 years. Mostly, quiet as issues are minimal and summer is always a quiet time. Don't hold your breath for a version 4 anytime soon.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I think the machine as a whole is designed better than it was, reducing "trouble" posts. The selling of other peoples works has reduced sharing. What you are left with is frustrations with functionality. LHR doesn't share upcoming changes or plans, so there is little excitement about the future, and the presumption that it will cost us when it does come about, based on recent changes.

I would love to think that there is R&D to make improvements due to user feedback or to enhance functions. But it's just thinkin' cause there are few whispers. We use $100k software at work, and they are constantly letting us know what is on the horizon, as unrealistic as those timelines usually are!

Because we have frustrations, issues, or a wish list doesn't make us drama queens

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast