Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wood cover sketch book

Cool stuff ... Would make a great photo album..
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Thanks. Something like this could be made into a photo album or diary. Mine is a sketch book.

Still have to figure out the best way to do the wood hinges.

I am getting closer to the final design. Getting the hinges straight is still being a pain. This sketch book is for my daughter. She loves all things DaVinci.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DaVinci flower book1.jpg   DaVinci flower book2.jpg   DaVinci flower book3.jpg  

I like it,,, I can see many different uses for this ... All the ideas running through my head is giving me a headache ... Ha
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

That is awesome Oscar! Well done!

Thank you. I am now working on my other daughters book. And as I was hammering the tacks in I believe I cracked one of the dowel hinges (dang it..have to re-drill out and replace all the wood dowels).

Still fine tuning the design and build processes. Don't know how well they sell but books this size are listed for $200+. I just saved 400 dollars. woohoo!

It only cost me a new sewing machine (wife wouldn't let me use hers) and a full set of leather working tools.

I can also see why they are so expensive. I could have built two chests in the time it takes me to make one of these. Once I have the design down and fine tune the different steps I should be able to reduce building time.

Finished my second daughter's book. I did crack one of the dowels but it is still functional so I won't replace until it fails. Did a different pattern with the leather and I like it better than the first pattern. I guess more leather is always good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3650.jpg   IMG_3652.jpg  

Oscar,

Both books are outstanding creations! DaVinci would be impressed with your creation!!

lol. DaVinvi is probably rolling in his grave at my poor attempts but thank you.

Oscar, I want to be you when I grow up in wood working and what you do with the software (well, maybe a blend of you and Suzanne) Your stuff is amazing.

Looking at the weight of the covers, do you think that it would benefit from dowels a little bigger diameter? Already deconstructing for a gift for my daughter, a photographer.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast