Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wood cover sketch book

Default Wood cover sketch book

Something a little different for me. I found a lot of examples on the web but they all seemed small (6x4 seemed the most popular).

This is a prototype design for a wood cover sketch book using standard size 11x8.5 32lbs 100% cotton paper. It uses wooden hinges and screw rivets as the binding. I added the leather to soften the feel and look of the book.

The good: It works. The hinges allow the book to open 180 degrees. The screw rivets allow paper to be swapped when the pages are all drawn on.

The bad: Needs to be a bit bigger. Next prototype I'll shift the hinges further out to the edge. The binding location needs to be changed. The paper stands up a bit too much so next time I'll attach it to the back cover so it lays flat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails book1.jpg   book 3.jpg   book2.jpg   book4.jpg  

That's one fine looking sketch book, Oscar. If you loaded it with photo pages from the hobby store it would make a beautiful photo album as well.
    George

Very nice design oscar. Keep up the good work.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

oscar, nice looking sketch book I like your hinges..I have seen another sketch book that had leather shoe laces as the bindery I think both concepts are as good as it gets..

That is a very neat idea. Great job.
    Heather

Oscar that is amazing!

Great looking book. It would make a great keepsake for family scrapbook or photo album

Thanks all for the kind words. Just a prototype design. Still has some maturing to do but gave me some good ideas.

I was inspired by the necronomicon Halloween design I made. I was more surprised that there is a niche market for that kind of stuff.

Prototype design number 2. Still not quite there yet but I finished it anyway because it just looks cool.

The wooden hinges are being my bane. There are several techniques I can try next to make sure the hinges are dead on. Probably mean I have to design and build a custom jig.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wood tome sketch book1.jpg   Wood tome sketch book2.jpg   Wood tome sketch book3.jpg  

I agree very cool!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast