Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scanning Probe from Sears

Quote Originally Posted by HandTurnedMaple View Post
    Sounds like Capitalism to me. 30 minutes of research will reveal the LHR price, so they are sticking it to the lazy.
    Don't you mead the 'gotta have it now' crowd? Impulse buyer, can't wait for Carvewright?
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

The CompuCarve was as much a financial decision as a timing one. I saved $200 off the CarveWright price, plus no shipping for a total savings of $270-$300.
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me

Cool losses & gains

I would assume that since Sears is having alot oif these machines returned & loosing tons on profit. Theair trying to make up on a smaller gagdet that probably shoudn't get returned as often, again my 2 cents.
    AUSOMM IS AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by ausomm View Post
    I would assume that since Sears is having alot oif these machines returned & loosing tons on profit. Theair trying to make up on a smaller gagdet that probably shoudn't get returned as often, again my 2 cents.

With all due respect,I don't know where your getting your numbers from but my store only had 2 early on returned both by the same person. The second came from the same shipment that mine was in and I've had no issues whatsoever.

My stores moved quite a few machines and to date only the one customer was dissatisfied. I'm not saying that there haven't been returns for any of a number or reasons across the board. But if these machines were 'such' a hunk of junk the orphans would not be as readily adopted as they have been? I doubt many will be party to dropping over 1k on something thats going to substitute for a art-deco boat anchor.

J
    Last edited by Julie Coffey; 03-13-2007 at 11:50 PM.
    "Today I am becoming who I once dreamed to be."

One thing to keep in mind is anyone who sells electronic items is used to having a lot of them brought back. It's the price of doing business with an object that customers can screw up. I know this because I worked at a computer store for several years and people would buy new machines and promptly load a bunch of horrible things like Yahoo, Google and only God knows what else toolbars, Weatherbug, the anti-christ's brother-- Bonzai Buddy, and the anti-christ itself.... America Online.

Then they would bring it back to us and want their money back, "because this piece of crap runs slow, is locking up, and will not act right.." Since we had a 30-day money-back guarantee, we'd end up refunding them, or at least spend 3 hours cleaning their computer back off with some choice words about their program selection... 98% of the computers that were brought back as "broken" had Windows reloaded, sold as open box, and never heard from again by customers who didn't mess them up... a few had actual problems and needed new parts, etc.

So, even though some here have had cataclysmic problems and had to go back and exchange their machines, most returns are probably from people who didn't take the time to learn how to operate it, got frustrated and took it back. I'm sure Sears was expecting some of this when it decided to sell a complicated piece of machinery... and I'm sure they have some other items that have a pretty high rate of returns.

From talking to our Sears in Pensacola, I don't think they've had any brought back... they haven't had any 'orphaned' carvers yet...

(((This is all opinion, and you know what they say about opinions)))
    Free Tutorials, Patterns & Projects at www.ALLCW.com

Default tool holders

Sears also has tool holders 1/4 and 1/2 part#
    926695 and 926694 same tool holder used on other routers.

Thumbs up

They have them in 3 packs for $9.99
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CC Cabinet a.jpg   00926694000.jpg   00926695000.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

I've had my name on the Sears email list for over two months now for the quick rout adapters. They've been out of stock all that time. However, CW had them IN STOCK!
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    67.34% of all statistics are made up.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SpiffyDog,

I’ve had my name on that same email list,
    a couple of week ago I stopped by one of the Sears store near us to pickup some T-50 staples.
    Looked over my shoulder and there they were.
    Now I’m waiting for my “CW bits to fill em up”.
    Go figure
    Ken
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

I've been to 2 Sears stores locally and neither has the quick change bits or Chuck.
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast