Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scanning Probe from Sears

Exclamation Scanning Probe from Sears

The 3-D Scanning Probe from Craftsman enables height mapping of existing surfaces and objects that can then be imported into the CarveWright software libraries for use on any project. For use with the CompuCarve woodworking machine.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...%2C+%26+Shaper
    Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

399.99? I only paid (or will 299.99) for mine. I think I'll wait. I mean geez lets see I can buy 1...2... a few bits with the difference. ::winks::

J
    "Today I am becoming who I once dreamed to be."

Thumbs up

Julie Thanks
    That little info got me off my butt, and ordered the Scanning probe from CW.
    Called today 9:50 am local time and got an answer on first ring,
    added the probe and extra bits to an order I called in last month.
    On and off the phone in 7 minutes.

Thanks again
    Ken
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Hiya Ken, I ordered mine last week they said it could be a bit. I'm hoping its not a case of waiting for Sears to get theirs before CW makes them available to those of us lemmings who ordered directly through the company. AH the multi-layer joys of company growth.

Anyone ever remember the PBS series 'Growing a Business'? It was one of my favorites to watch. (yes I'm a dork) I'd gladly turn in on a series of CarveWright episodes. Product with allot of potential, eager but perhaps borderline educated (for 3d and CNC machines) customer base. Importation of the product from a foreign country to make it more financially accessible to the masses. And to top it all off- a contract with SEARS....get the popcorn.

That was my NO MEANS a 'diss;' on the company or the clientel who will, have or had purchased in the past. Just that I understand their pain.

J
    Last edited by Julie Coffey; 03-13-2007 at 01:12 PM.

Wink

I think - as The Bard would say if he was here ---oh the pain
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Julie, very good analysis. I think it is a monumental undertaking and that if it flies Carvewright will be a well-known company in the next few years. That's one of the reasons I'm trying to help as many people as I can... I really like my machine, and would like to do my part in supporting it...

Although I do have a selfish motive... looking at the longterm, I would like them to be around in the next few years to support my machine, so if I can convince only a few people not to take their machines back, and fight the learning curve, that's just .0001% more chance Carvewright will be there in the future... just trying to do my part!

(((Wow.. that was lofty. Coming down off pedestal...)))
    Free Tutorials, Patterns & Projects at www.ALLCW.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jantz View Post
    Julie, very good analysis.

(((Wow.. that was lofty. Coming down off pedestal...)))
    LOL well now you know what we Michiganders do in the winter time- get all philosophical <g>

Lofty? eh- prolly why we love ya so much! Thanks for all you do.

J

Talking So, the probe?

Yup it is one of the coolest gadgets I have & I have a shall we say poo poo load of stuff. (So my wife says) I am very impressed with the detail capability of this metal toothpick on plastic. I've scanned the same item in the 3 levels of detail, & must say the difference is astounding. I was able to see the detail on the detail.
    I bought this thing a month ago, but have just now had the time to get to know it intimately. Making the sled was a sinch. I'm going to be making various sizes of them to accomoadate even duplicating my wife, oh yea two of them would be great, I'd get to do double the work in the same time having 2 bosses you know. So after making the sled I was thinking what am I going to use to stick my objects to it without using glue or snot, since that's what my 11 yr old suggested. We went to our local Hobby Lobby & there we were wondering what to use & cha ching we saw the modeling clay and the play doh we've only tried the modeling clay it is great since it doesn't dry & holds great & sticks to the sled. Easy clean up also anyway I think my 2 cents worth has bored you. questions? ask away.
    AUSOMM IS AWESOME

Angry Probe pricing

What's the malfunction SEARS is having? What are they doing "Jacking" people like that? $100 more for the same exact item, that's BS.
    Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

Sounds like Capitalism to me. 30 minutes of research will reveal the LHR price, so they are sticking it to the lazy.
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast