Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scanning Probe from Sears

Hello Jon,
    You said...
    From talking to our Sears in Pensacola, I don't think they've had any brought back... they haven't had any 'orphaned' carvers yet...
    I asked here also and there has been none returned in my area (Milwaukee, WI)
    Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

Quote Originally Posted by forqnc View Post
    I've been to 2 Sears stores locally and neither has the quick change bits or Chuck.
    I would advise against the Sears QC for the CC/CW. Its not the same as the CarveWright QC. And from what I've read around the internet its not as reliable (funny thing to say since at least 5 QC failures have been reported here in the last 2 weeks).
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me

Quote Originally Posted by HandTurnedMaple View Post
    I would advise against the Sears QC for the CC/CW. Its not the same as the CarveWright QC. And from what I've read around the internet its not as reliable (funny thing to say since at least 5 QC failures have been reported here in the last 2 weeks).
    According to The Bard (RIP), the QC chuck WAS NOT compatible (different threading, etc., will cause bad problems for your machine), however the bit adapters were the same. Based on that I got a set of the Sears bit adapters (in the 3-pack for 9.99), and have used them without problem. I recently bought a QC from Sears (to get the little wrench that comes with it, since none of my tools were skinny enough to fit in the space), and confirmed that the two do appear to be different enough to cause problems.

I've been using the bit adapters from Sears for quite a while also with nary a problem... they look absolutely identical to the ones that come on the Carvewright bits.

I can understand that the quick chuck itself is probably not the same, but wonder if some of the info concerning the chuck and the bit adapters isn't getting intertwined....
    Free Tutorials, Patterns & Projects at www.ALLCW.com

The adapters from Sears are fine. Its the Quick Change that won't work properly, and not that great overall from what I've read.
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123