Thread: shop extras

Default shop extras

Ok I need a little help on a table saw, have a cheap one like the old 99 dollar ones you could buy . I am on a small budget, tight area and need something better to help cut the wood down. Any suggests from a budget minded pocketbook.

Can you be more specific? Cutting sheet goods or boards and what size?

just boards for now as I get use to the Carvewright. I am using it to cut down the pieces and to cut off the excess when the pieces are done. I using a 15 amp 10 inch table saw.

I normally use a miter saw for cross cutting boards. The size and type of miter saw needed depends on the width you want to cut. I have a 12 inch sliding one that can cross cut up to a 2x12.

Being able to sharpen or adjust tools will increase job satisfaction. Learn the skill with the tool you have and there is nothing you can't achieve with smaller affordable tools.
    thanks so much!
    karl

Quote Originally Posted by wpickrel View Post
    just boards for now as I get use to the Carvewright. I am using it to cut down the pieces and to cut off the excess when the pieces are done. I using a 15 amp 10 inch table saw.
    I have a portable rigid that can be folded up and rolled out of the way. It seems like it was in the $400 range.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

thanks all bought a miter saw with a sliding arm on sale real handy already