Thread: CW in storage just before new carvetight chuck. What 1st, lube, etc. before turn on?

Default CW in storage just before new carvetight chuck. What 1st, lube, etc. before turn on?

Yep,

Been in storage for a long time. If it was yours what would you do? Lube what? Check what?

Only 10 hours or less usage. New project is pulling it out of storage. Can I use the original chuck for now?

I don't want to turn it on until I'm sure everything is ok.

Thanks,
    Leo Duchaine
    leoduchaine@juno.com
    Murphy's Law= "Whatever can go will it wrong"

...and "If you think you can do it, or you think you can't do it, you are right." - Henry Ford.

I would clean and lube all of the Y/Z rails and bearing, the 4 corner posts and lead screws and the flex shaft. Check the head pressure and run a board measurement test.

If you were not having any issues with the old style chuck, no bit wobble, no indents on the bit adapter etc. then you are probably good. Double check the set screws on the adapters to make sure they are tight and lube the adapters and chuck with a very light oil.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Eventually you will want the A907 FSC Cable upgrade, 2 circuit boards and a 14 pin flat FSC Cable. The old one is a 18 and once you load a current designer the machine will act different... now it may be looking at the old Z Photo sensor flag and the Probe data may hook to the z Truck...

I call is a 16 pin or wire but it is 18. Quickest way to see what one you have is look for the wings on the big connector.. wings your good... no wings... Order A907.

And when you make the change the machine comes up in SCAN AREA and needs to be changed in setup from getting the probe data from the cover rather than the z truck. Won't do anything until you make the change.

And DON'T mix the cables.. Plug in a 14 pin flat cable into a 18 pin socket the wider pins short out your machine... expensive...

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06680_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 09-08-2015 at 12:45 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Hey,

Thanks for the valuable info - I saved it in my CW folder!!!

Duchaine

...and "If you think you can do it, or you think you can't do it, you are right." - Henry Ford.

Hey, thanks again guys!!

Saved the information. Like finding a classic car in storage. Got to do/check things before you crank it up! The CW will be used to make font molds and logos for http://www.internationalsignmakersystems.com/. Also stamp and pattern rollers for my concrete curbing machine (no website yet).

Much appreciated!

Leo Duchaine
    (du shane)
    New Orleans