Thread: Board thicknes

Default Board thicknes

Good Morning,

I am beginning on a very large project, that ultimately will take four, 40" long boards to carve. I have used the STL importer and sliced my carving so I can use the CW to carve my project.

I inserted the board, the machine measured it:

Keep original size - yes
    Place pattern on center - yes
    Stay under rollers - no

When it was measuring the board, all was well, until it looked for the thickness, The machine asked "Board thickness ((0, at this point I input "75" I assume this would be for .75 since I did not see a "." on the keypad. The it asked cut-through depth, which again I input "75" again.

Machine went to doing its business of carving a 7+hour carve.

Now it appears that it is carving too deep, and my patterns are not carving as I wanted.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong, as I have never attempted this type of carve.

By the way, the board is supported by 2 aux rollers on both out feeds to support the length.

Attached is a screen shot of the project. I tried to send the MPC, but its file sixe is too big.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stopmtrooper board 1 pic.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	77849

Thanks

Default Picture of board 1

Picture of board 1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stopmtrooper board 1 pic.JPG  

you have to put in .75 if you look at the keyboard the down arrow button also has the decimal point on it. push that first then 75

It sounds like the machine needs to go through the board thickness calibration. 0 - 6 - 2 Put in a board of accurately known thickness and key in its thickness. You can input decimals or fractions.

A way to check the accuracy of the calibration is to put in a board which is too thin. For example, make a cut out project with a 0.75" thick Designer board. Put a 0.5" board in the machine. After it measures the thickness, it will report the board too thin. It will also report the thickness it measured it to be. It should be close to 0.5".

Its remarkable how obvious something is once its been pointed out to you! I swore there wasn't a "." on that keyboard, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by xchief807 View Post
    you have to put in .75 if you look at the keyboard the down arrow button also has the decimal point on it. push that first then 75
    You can also enter 3/4
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

No problem it took me a few minutes the first time to figure it out.