Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bit Depth does not Match.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    yes it touches and still gives the error, just tried another carve and the board kept rolling until the bit was off the end, not sure what thats about but its a first
    When the rollers are compressed a small amount of sawdust builds up under the ends and won't allow the roller to decompress. When measuring the board the board sensor doesn't look for the edge until the roller decompresses. If it doesn't decompress the board will continue until it looses contact with the brass tracking roller and gives you the message. To fix it, crank the head up to near the top and reach inside and squeeze the roller so it is in a compressed state. If you have difficulty holding the roller up you can use a board placed on edge and crank the head down on it to lift the roller. Use compressed air to blow out both ends of both rollers. On the left side there is a rubber washer. Blow out the sawdust on both sides. This is a common problem and this procedure usually fixes it. If it doesn't, you may have to remove the keypad end to blow out more of the sawdust. If that still doesn't work, you have other problems. Check the board sensor for sawdust inside the plastic lens.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 09-06-2015 at 11:30 AM.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    When the rollers are compressed a small amount of sawdust builds up under the ends and won't allow the roller to decompress. When measuring the board the board sensor doesn't look for the edge until the roller decompresses. If it doesn't decompress the board will continue until it looses contact with the brass tracking roller and gives you the message. To fix it, crank the head up to near the top and reach inside and squeeze the roller so it is in a compressed state. If you have difficulty holding the roller up you can use a board placed on edge and crank the head down on it to lift the roller. Use compressed air to blow out both ends of both rollers. On the left side there is a rubber washer. Blow out the sawdust on both sides. This is a common problem and this procedure usually fixes it. If it doesn't, you may have to remove the keypad end to blow out more of the sawdust. If that still doesn't work, you have other problems. Check the board sensor for sawdust inside the plastic lens.
    I am familiar with that fix however on this particular project the board was still moving while it was checking the bits, I have never had that happen before so I am not certain why the board would keep moving when It usually would not be moving. It is possible I had not cleaned the machine out well enough in between projects, but that just seemed a little odd, I knew I should have stopped it then and checked it out instead of letting it ruin a good board but for some reason I didnt stop it.

I'm going to ask this.. witch I ask all the ones that are starting the carvewright, do you have a dust collector, and if you do what are you useing ?

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I'm going to ask this.. witch I ask all the ones that are starting the carvewright, do you have a dust collector, and if you do what are you useing ?
    Good question...a ShopVac can wreak havoc due to static electricity. If using dust collection, try keeping it off for a project and see if all the "strangeness" goes away.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Good question...a ShopVac can wreak havoc due to static electricity. If using dust collection, try keeping it off for a project and see if all the "strangeness" goes away.
    I have a shop Vac for years now , but I grounded it in 2 place with alligator clamp never had a problem
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

I had problems when I first setup, the I had the ringneck dust collector and a shop vac, I was constantly blowing out the the paper filter, for what the shop vac cost $169.00 I replaced it with the harbor freight 2 horse dust collector for $198.00 and it works a lot better.. what it cost me in parts I could of replace it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12