Thread: Please close cover

Default Please close cover

My name is Jules
    I have had my C machine for 3 years. I have replaced the cut motor once with only 70 hours of use. i personally am an automotive tech professionally for the last 28 years. and a CNC enthusiast. My problem began yesterday 8.31.15 the lcd screen reads please close cover, i have used my DVOM to check the function of both of the switches located in the cover. They both test good, I have gone as far as to remove the cover completely and jumper both switches with no change in the display. one thing I have noticed is that in the past when I did actually leave the cover open the display would read (Please close cover and push enter), this time it is just (Please close cover). Looking for help.

Thanks Jules

Check the plug where the cover wires plug in next to the y motor.

Another cause of the close cover message is the wire which goes down through the carriage to the board sensor gets pinched and grounds out. (Have you changed the board sensor lately?)

After that, one might suspect the FFC flat ribbon wire which connects to z motor. Check for damage or poor end connections. (When you changed the cut motor?)

(It might help to press 0 - 7 so you can monitor the cover state as you play around with connections.)

There could be a bent pin were it plug in
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

That plug on the end of the cover switch CAN be inserted 180 degrees out.... Black wire toward the center of the machine.... ask me how I know it can be inserted 180 degrees out.... OR is it White wire.... CRS....

And yes.... close cover forever....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 09-02-2015 at 02:49 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

it doesn't make a difference which way you plug in the switch... it opens or closes the circuit

Al is talking about the white plug from the machine cover which plugs into the head termination board. It has the left cover switch wires as well as scanner wires. It can be plugged in upside down and then the wires get mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by rbrown View Post
    it doesn't make a difference which way you plug in the switch... it opens or closes the circuit
    Like posted above, I was talking about the 8 wire plug at the end of the switch assembly. And you are correct, a switch has no polarity.

And NEW in 2007.... And the old cable was 18 pin not 16 like in my picture..

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06659_WEB.jpg   DSC06659a_WEB.jpg   DSC06660_WEB.jpg   DSC06680_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 10-25-2015 at 06:41 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com