Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pattern Management

Default Pattern Management

I have two patterns I downloaded as "try", and decided not to use them. How do I get them off my list of patterns.

Also, how can I move a pattern I did eventually buy out of "basic" and into "favorites"?

Dave

To remove the "try" patterns you should be able to right click/delete.

I'm not sure how a bought pattern ended up in your basic list, but you might try left clicking it and see if it will let you drag it (move) to the favorites folder.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Well, I have tried that, right clicking on the two patterns one at a time, and tried to delete them, and ... no joy, nothing happens.

Also, I have a pattern that I did buy and license, and it is in the wrong "folder", and I can't move it. Plus, it will not let me edit it. Very curious.

What now?

Dave

Do at your own risk,

You will need to go into the CarveWright folder, C:\Users\Owner\CarveWright, and remove them from there. The " owner" might be your name or what ever you set it up as.

Note DO NOT DOUBLE CLICK on any of the files in the folder as it might cause a double entry in your pattern list.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

You may find that the patterns you cannot edit are not actually in the basic or favorites file but are alone as separate files in the same directory.

Start a new job and use any pattern you have on hand. Group it and make a pattern again out of it. When the window comes up to save it......right click on the items you want to delete and it will work. Cancel the "save item".

Here's the really strange part. In looking at my pattern list, I now have three favorite folders, and two basic folders. I had some computer problems, and perhaps this is part of it. Also, I did license the "45 Automatic" pattern, but cannot move or look at it in the pattern editor. See the attached screen capture of my carving patterns.

DaveClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Carvewright folders.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	77191

Go to where Floyd said: C:\Users\Owner\CarveWright and you will find the patterns you cannot edit are all alone in the sub-directory (or in even lower sub-directories). Also you will find duplicates now of the other collections. Show us a screen shot of this Windows sub-directory.

Any favorites collections with numbers added the name are duplicates and can be deleted. (Save somewhere else if you want to be totally safe.) The Basic collection is in C:\Program Files (x86)\CarveWright\data. You have two of them, delete the one in C:\Users\Owner\CarveWright.
    Last edited by bergerud; 07-26-2015 at 01:58 PM.

I don't have such a directory. I have multiple directories with patterns, probably my fault, since I have never really understood how the patterns are organized. For example, most of the folders have all the same pattern files, with a few differences. It's not a big problem, more of an irritation.

Dave

What is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\CarveWright\data sub-directory?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast