Thread: Z track will not move from side to side by hand

Default Z track will not move from side to side by hand

I have a problem on my newest machine my Z track will not move from side to side by hand. I have replaced the y assembly motor. It ran two days now it won't move by hand again. It has a y stall with the head all the way over on the control panel side now. The head is locked can't move it by hand. Any Ideas? I have checked all connections.

Will it move unplugged?

Try raising the y motor up a little in its slots. The small brass gear on the motor can bottom out and hit the machine casing. At least you should be able to tell whether it is the motor, belt, or carriage that is jammed.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Try raising the y motor up a little in its slots. The small brass gear on the motor can bottom out and hit the machine casing. At least you should be able to tell whether it is the motor, belt, or carriage that is jammed.

I think carve wright sent me a bad y motor the white gear wobbles with a lot of play. Every time I tighten the y assembly it locks down the carriage so you can't move it. The brass bushing has plenty of room. It only worked for two small carvings then I noticed the assembly would not move by hand again. I think the belt is too thigh putting to much pressure on the plastic gear and bending the shaft.

If the white gear wobbles, that is your problem. It is common for the two small bearings behind the white gear to break up. It could be the bearings or, I guess the shaft could be bent. I have not heard of a bent shaft before. You will have to take it apart to see which it is.

A problem I just had on my oldest carver, one of the upper roller bearings was frozen. Had to remove the truck and give it some wd40. Good as new.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340