Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sign lettering choppy

Quote Originally Posted by mfitz55 View Post
    i have small daft on currently in the picture i showed. also bit optimization is on low. I am trying to get it smoothed out no marks on the letters from the bits. Could it be the font type iam using

Yes the font plays a big part on how it will carve. All fonts do not carve the same. It is a sort and pick process to find the ones that carve the best.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

project designer 3 i bought not to long ago and having a real hard time figuring it all out
    Basically the designer version all work the same. Not much difference other than the added features.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Is this not normal? It is just a zig zag every 1/128 th of an inch. I think lighting just makes it look a little worse than it is.

when i get home this weekend i will try one. i am trying to make a bunch of name plaques for the desk roughky 8-10 inches long x 2 inchs tall by .75 thick like this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charles logo.pdf 
Views:	18 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	77812Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0248 2.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	77813Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0249 2.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	77814
    Attached Files Attached Files

i have small daft on currently in the picture i showed. also bit optimization is on low. I am trying to get it smoothed out no marks on the letters from the bits. Could it be the font type iam using
    Text benefits from using Draft (usually Small or Medium Draft...Large is only really used for text when wanting a special effect) and Bit Optimization: BEST. You can reduce the marks caused from the tapered carving bit by keeping the lettering low in height and depth. The lower the text sits, the less "side marks" you'll get from the bit taper.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12