Thread: Shop Sign

Default Shop Sign

I haven't had as much time as I'd like to play around with this, but here's something I've been messing with - cork tile on poplar - It came out alright, I learned a few things. - Just a decorative sign for my shop (my company logo)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11953264_992196884134001_3864149086438804197_n.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	262.6 KB 
ID:	77660

Very neat idea. I like the clean crisp beveled edges. Can't imagine doing something like that with an Exacto knife. May have to play with one myself.
    Thx for sharing
    Rick H

Love the idea. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks - I haven't had nearly the amount of time I'd like to mess with the software, but I'm dialing my business back some here in the next few weeks in order to give myself time to learn some tricks and gain some familiarity with the software and start putting out really nice stuff.

I assume that was just a pattern carve set deep enough to pierce thru the cork?
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Quote Originally Posted by unitedcases View Post
    I assume that was just a pattern carve set deep enough to pierce thru the cork?
    Yeah. It's pretty simplistic stuff. Getting the poplar underlay to line up and have the grain in the correct places where I wanted them to show through was the real trick (that's 4 separate pieces of .25" poplar)

Great idea. Love it.

Looks Good ... I would have expected cork to chip out ... Hmmm .. Something to try in the future ..
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Quote Originally Posted by ktjwilliams View Post
    Looks Good ... I would have expected cork to chip out ... Hmmm .. Something to try in the future ..
    It definitely wants to at the places where the edges of cuts come together (sharp points) and some inside the crosshairs, but nothing I can't deal with. Makes for a quick ready to finish project, especially if I make a reusable frame jig. Since the cutout is routed, it cuts fast. Trick will be finding a design folks will want to keep buying, or else offer custom stuff.