Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Rotary Litho finished.

Quote Originally Posted by rcdages View Post
    The litho as it has been stated and I agree it is out standing.

Where did you get the photo or picture of Jesus from ?
    Glad you like it. I found the picture not copyrighted on the net.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jesus_christ_image_107.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    Dan, I just looked at the project and it's at 70 percent done how do I go about starting the project to do the calibration to do the .5 carve ?
    Abort, start all over again. Measure the board and load the 0.5 deep project. If it is the same pattern just deeper, it will carve over what you had. You may need some masking tape to help the machine measure the board. Just give it a try and see what happens.

(Sorry again Sunmiztres!)

I apologize also, I have been on this Carve that I've been doing for six weeks, I hope someone has learned something about Dan and my correspondence.

Thank you for attaching the File
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

I apologize also, I have been on this Carve that I've been doing for six weeks, I hope someone has learned something about Dan and my correspondence.
    Not a problem whatsoever. No need to be sorry

I just looked at your size of material and the part off I was on the understanding that it is the part off should be the same as the diameter of the pipe, If I'm wrong or right someone will chime in..

I just looked at your size of material and the part off I was on the understanding that it is the part off should be the same as the diameter of the pipe, If I'm wrong or right someone will chime in..

Yes, that is strange. Did the pipe get cut off by the machine? I would have made the part off diameter 3.4 or so just to leave a reference mark to help me cut it later.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Yes, that is strange. Did the pipe get cut off by the machine? I would have made the part off diameter 3.4 or so just to leave a reference mark to help me cut it later.
    With my machine the rotary litho does not carve any of the part off. This is why it is set at .5. It leaves me a 1/2 inch at the bottom and at the top.
    I actually use a 12" piece when the pattern is set at 10" so that I have at least a couple inches to work with for the base and top. The PVC sits in my base and the top sits over the PVC so I need extra inches so I don't cover the carving. The first litho I did I was expecting the part off to cut a reference point but it did not. It just carves the patterns and that is all. I was then thinking I would change the part off to 1.5 so that it leaves me 1.5 inches at the top and the bottom as that is what I want for the base and top but it still left me .5 inches at the top so I then kept making my PVC longer then what the project calls for so I have room for the top. Is my machine not working correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by rcdages View Post
    Thank you for attaching the File
    Robert, If you do use the MPC use a 12" piece of PVC so that it gives you extra pvc for your base and top. I always use a longer piece then what the project calls for. I then cut the pipe to where I want it after I figure out what kind of base and top I want. Bergerud also thinks my machine may not be working correctly with the part off so please change your settings. I don't want you to waste any time and material if you follow my MPC.

When I first have gotten the rotary, Micheal had said to put the cut off at the size of the pipe dia. I assume it depends what size you make your pattern as to what your end length is, all the cpvc was 10" length when I was missing up on the depth of my carve, all the end pieces varies from .05 to 1.25. It seems to work the way I set it up I do a snap to grid and leave a half of inch to the carve I was leary because of the way it was digging into the pipe, if it works why fix it !!
    Last edited by aokweld101; 08-28-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast