Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any good font creator programs?

Default Any good font creator programs?

Anyone know any good programs for creating fonts where you can import an .svg or .png and export it as a .ttf? I'd like to figure out how to get this in a font as a dingbat/wingding so I can have designer carve it centerline at whatever the depth should be instead of tracing the whole image and assigning a bit at a steady depth.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rack Fac.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	77605

Search the forum for scanfont.

I've been doing the carvewright for almost three years and don't know how to send a pgn. will this work
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by FWMiller View Post
    Search the forum for scanfont.
    I totally forgot I started the thread on this close to 2 years ago. Thanks for reminding me. The scanfont program and typetool are now $50 each. I'm thinking there would be freeware of something similar to these. I'm not interested in creating complete custom alphabets just importing some vectors and exporting as ttf fonts. Something very easy and basic.

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I've been doing the carvewright for almost three years and don't know how to send a pgn. will this work
    I thank you but I am using 1.187 and cannot open the file.

I think this is 1.87

Quote Originally Posted by Robkjv1611 View Post
    I totally forgot I started the thread on this close to 2 years ago. Thanks for reminding me. The scanfont program and typetool are now $50 each. I'm thinking there would be freeware of something similar to these. I'm not interested in creating complete custom alphabets just importing some vectors and exporting as ttf fonts. Something very easy and basic.
    I've been using the free evaluation versions of these which work fine if you only need to create a single character.

Here is the result of a DXF import. Something to play with if you do not get the font method working. (The vector groups in 3.0 is another way.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rack Fac DXF.png  

That one opened. Thanks for the pattern but I'm really hoping to find a way to get it into a nice centerline carve and it would be even nicer if I can find a way to get it to carve at all different depths determined by the thickness of the lines unless of course it would look better carved at one depth.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Here is the result of a DXF import. Something to play with if you do not get the font method working. (The vector groups in 3.0 is another way.)
    Hey that actually looks really nice just the way it is. I'm still going to try and figure out the font method but it looks like that is the way to go on this one. Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast