Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any good font creator programs?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FWMiller View Post
    I've been using the free evaluation versions of these which work fine if you only need to create a single character.
    I'll give that a try. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robkjv1611 View Post
    That one opened. Thanks for the pattern but I'm really hoping to find a way to get it into a nice centerline carve and it would be even nicer if I can find a way to get it to carve at all different depths determined by the thickness of the lines unless of course it would look better carved at one depth.

If you want to be able to control the depth of carve then you should be looking at making it a dxf format. With centerline you do not have the ability to control the depth.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    If you want to be able to control the depth of carve then you should be looking at making it a dxf format. With centerline you do not have the ability to control the depth.
    My understanding was if you can convert your vector image to a .ttf and import it as a font on your computer then centerline would automatically carve the depths according to the thickness of the lines. There is a tips and tricks I think about 5 years old now that I found and read through last night which documents this method but the font program wouldn't let me export anything without purchasing a license first. I'm not interested in spending a lot of money on a program just yet that I'm not sure I would use a lot.

It is true, you could make each different curve a different depth. Here is a Designer 3 vector grouping teaser.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rack Fac Vec Group.png  

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    It is true, you could make each different curve a different depth. Here is a Designer 3 vector grouping teaser.
    Wow! That looks real nice. I'd love to get Designer 3 but with the wife ready to give birth to baby #3 any day now spending $300 on a program upgrade isn't going to fly. You wouldn't believe how much diapers run these days!

Bin there done that. You will be lucky to get any carving (or sleeping) done.

Dick thanks for sharing again. Directions look great!
    Jeff

I use free version of Sigmaker3 ... The spelling is correct ... Ha
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12