Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CX power supply - where to get?

Default CX power supply - where to get?

How is it I can't find a replacement power supply on the web site?

Mine is bad on V2, should be 5vdc but it's only 2vdc. Worked fine, tried to turn on two weeks later and d-e-d dead.

If all else fails I know where I can buy one that will work just as well and is made by the same manufacturer.

/I'm getting very tired of this machine and the all-too-common problems. Next time it breaks it's getting packed with Tannerite and brought to the range.

I understand, what you might be going though I have two machines and when I started, not knowing the machine I went threw a lot of parts.. I will say after learning the mechanic's I have two working machines that wouldn't be scared to use either one of them and that it has been 3 yrs since I bought my first one... The problem now is not having enough wood....

Quote Originally Posted by scootertrash View Post
    How is it I can't find a replacement power supply on the web site?
    They must be out of stock.

If all else fails I know where I can buy one that will work just as well and is made by the same manufacturer..
    Where is that???

Where can you get a power supply from the same manufacturer ??
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    They must be out of stock.

Where is that???
    Just about everywhere, lol. What's in my machine is a Meanwell NED-100D, which has one 24VDC output and one 5VDC output. The NED-100D is discontinued but the RD-125A should do fine. The only caveat is the 24VDC and 5VDC outputs are reversed (Out 1 is 5VDC, NED-100D out 1 is 24VDC). Same size case and all. If i had more time I'd yank a PC power supply to provide the 5VDC my CW machine is lacking right now.

Ain't like LHR uses magic volts lol

Good to know. Thanks. Hope I can find this thread again when I need it!!

For what it's worth, the new power supply *may* be better than the OEM. The OEM isn't listed as "Suitable for critical operations." Having said that, other features on one just aren't listed on the other (i.e: vibration tolerance is the same).

The RD125 (new one) unit is part of the G3 series from Meanwell, with the following features listed on their web site:

• Miniature size, non-PFC
    • High reliability, 5G vibration, 70℃ operation (not sure on temp but the other has the exact same vibration rating)
    • 300VAC input surge, all using 105℃ capacitors
    • Suitable for critical applications
    • 2 outputs are isolated for RID series

The NED-100's list only these features:
    • Economical non-PFC models
    • Miniature size with complete protections
    • Economical models with complete safety certificates

p.s: I'm pretty sure this new power supply will work but I wouldn't order one on my say so. Wait until I say I fixed it.

New power supply arrived yesterday, right on time, from Jameco.

I was looking at the pdf for "Upgrading to a CX style power supply" and said "wait a minute, mine is wired like that." Sure enough, the live and neutral connections were reversed in my machine. I'm 100% positive because I took a picture before I disconnected it. I'm not sure that has any real effect on a AC/DC power supply but we'll find out lol.

For what it's worth, the new power supply *may* be better than the OEM. The OEM isn't listed as "Suitable for critical operations." Having said that, other features on one just aren't listed on the other (i.e: vibration tolerance is the same).

The RD125 (new one) unit is part of the G3 series from Meanwell, with the following features listed on their web site:

• Miniature size, non-PFC
    • High reliability, 5G vibration, 70℃ operation (not sure on temp but the other has the exact same vibration rating)
    • 300VAC input surge, all using 105℃ capacitors
    • Suitable for critical applications
    • 2 outputs are isolated for RID series

The NED-100's list only these features:
    • Economical non-PFC models
    • Miniature size with complete protections
    • Economical models with complete safety certificates

p.s: I'm pretty sure this new power supply will work but I wouldn't order one on my say so. Wait until I say I fixed it.
    Glad I added the p.s. to that post. Like the genius i am i ordered an RD125A. Should be RD125B since the 125A is 5v/12v and needs to be 5v/24v. But now i have a great little 12vdc/5vdc power supply when i get my digital nerd on.

Glad I added the p.s. to that post. Like the genius i am i ordered an RD125A. Should be RD125B since the 125A is 5v/12v and needs to be 5v/24v. But now i have a great little 12vdc/5vdc power supply when i get my digital nerd on.
    A couple of questions (well okay three). Have you tried the new Meanwell RD-125B in your Carvewright? If so, how does it work? Is it the same dimensions so it will mount easily?

I looked an the TRC website and they have them for $28.95 plus shipping and if everything works as stated it would be much more economical than LHR.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-26-2015 at 12:19 PM.
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast