Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR15 Speed load pattern?

Default AR15 Speed load pattern?

Has anyone seen or know of a pattern for this speed loader?

Found this on YouTube and was curious.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...e-speedloader/

Mike

interesting. I had not seen this before. Doesn't look too hard to design. You would still need to create the channels for the bullets to follow. The push block kind of shows how deep the channels are cut.

Here is another one with plans:

http://www.mrlarry0001.com/buy-stuff.html

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Here is another one with plans:

http://www.mrlarry0001.com/buy-stuff.html

Dan,

Saw that too, but like the one from the post. Supposedly was done as one piece via CNC.

I've been thinking on what would be the easiest way to do this. I am still thinking a multi-layer pattern would be easiest to create the channel for the bullets to fit into. Without the channel there is the chance they will fly all over the place when you apply pressure.

Trying to figure out how to do it. Here is a picture of a quick pattern I made. This is a proof of concept only to see how it would look. I only took rough measurements of a 5.56 bullet and magazine to start with. My magazine is 1 in at the thickest but the throat is .75. I have the bullet channel .5 deep so the bullets should be perfectly lined up to go in if I do a full cut of the .75 material. If you use a 1 in thick stock then you would only have to carve down .75.

I am right now stumped though on how to create the inside rabbet/dado (not sure what its actually called) for the bullet groove for them to ride with the CW.

Any ideas on how to cut the inside groove?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW quick loader idea.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Any ideas on how to cut the inside groove?
    I think a two layer design would be the way. A base which would only need a pocket cut for for the magazine and a top layer which could be a cutout from behind.

In his video, he routes the channel with a router table. Not much advantage in a CNC because the pieces would have to be done individually, then glued in layers to form the channel. You could cut them out on a band saw faster probably. Although a complete kit from a single piece of wood cut at the same time on the Carvewright would be cool, complete with graphics!

I use rails and the spoon to speed load my mags. Doesn't take up much room but only loads 15 rounds at a time so you have to do it twice. I like this concept. Thanks for sharing.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

I would agree on this is a good two piece project, what if you use the CW to cut the shape out on the top, then use a rabbit bit on a router table with a bearing to make your channel, then glue this onto your bottom?

I know, older thread. Has anyone worked up a pattern they are willing to share?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast