Thread: Carving Error

Default Carving Error

I have built a USAF Technical Sergeant strip and the past two times it carves OK until it gets to the star then it carves an extra line (see Carving Error.jpg) that I can not find in my project, can some one help figure out why this is carving incorrectly or is there an extra carving line in the pattern that I have attached but can not see.

Thank you for your help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carving Error.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Anyone have an idea why this happened? Can you review my project and see if you see the extra line that it carved?

I looked at it an cannot see anything. One radius is crazy over 600. Try the star on a piece of scrap. Maybe you have to redraw it. Upload the pattern again. I do not know??

Some have claimed that constraints and attachments can cause similar effects. I don't know for sure. Try removing all of them and see if it makes a difference.
    Steve

I have seen designer do crazy things like that if I accidentally drop two control points of a connected line on top of one another. However I usually see it in the screen rendering before I get to carving anything.

Thank you everyone for looking at the project; would it make a difference if the project is in carrier sled which is what I am using?

I will remove the constraints and attachments and give it a try!

I believe that is a software glitch. Something went wrong with the star outline. My bet would be that it would go away if you redrew the star outline. Just trace over the star.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

This is a constraint problem. Generally moving an 'offending' point a little bit will solve the issue. These usually show on the board before they're carved, though.

I removed all the constraints and attachments and the same carving error occurred. I used a similar previous project, carved a sample, and it carve correctly. I will use this version for this project but it would be nice to know why this happened as to prevent a similar occurrence from happening in the future and ruining a good piece of cherry wood!

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

it happens very infrequently - it's basically a math error in calculating the optimal vector path between a series of points. As for why it happened, there's no specific reason, its just certain combinations of points and angles.