Thread: Spindle catching

Default Spindle catching

This is on my CS machine, little over a year old. When I turn the spindle by hand I feel some catching. When I remove the flex shaft and turn it by hand it doesn't seem to be there, and the flex shaft seems to turn smooth while engaged in the cut motor. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the bearings in the truck, there doesn't seem to be any extra noise during operation, and nothing gets hot during a long carve. The truck does feel a little warm to the touch, but not hot. Any suggestions? I am trying to get ready for a major show next month, don't have time for a break down so trying to head it off at the pass. Thanks...
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Quote Originally Posted by dehrlich View Post
    This is on my CS machine, little over a year old. When I turn the spindle by hand I feel some catching. When I remove the flex shaft and turn it by hand it doesn't seem to be there, and the flex shaft seems to turn smooth while engaged in the cut motor. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the bearings in the truck, there doesn't seem to be any extra noise during operation, and nothing gets hot during a long carve. The truck does feel a little warm to the touch, but not hot. Any suggestions? I am trying to get ready for a major show next month, don't have time for a break down so trying to head it off at the pass. Thanks...
    Your Z truck bearing at the bottom check to see the bearing spacer is not coming out it wraps around the bearing
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.