Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Z- Axis Stall E06-0313

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    And First Place for troubleshooting goes toooooooo...... Bergerud !!!!!

Take a Bow Please.... Good JOB !!!!

AL
    Team effort!! (I'll never catch up to you Al!)

With SO FEW Troubleshooting Posts with the Reliability of the Machine with proper Preventive Maintenance AND Machine Understanding, any Troubleshooting Post is like tossing a Bread Crumb into a pool of hungry TROUT.... We all jump for the chance to solve it...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    With SO FEW Troubleshooting Posts with the Reliability of the Machine with proper Preventive Maintenance AND Machine Understanding, any Troubleshooting Post is like tossing a Bread Crumb into a pool of hungry TROUT.... We all jump for the chance to solve it...

AL
    I have to admit the Forum was LOADS of Help Thank you. IMPORTANT FYI: ANYTIME YOU DO WHAT I DID ALWAYS REMEMBER ONCE THE ISSUE IS RESOLVED CHECK YOUR HEAD PRESSURE... YOU PROBABLY WILL NEED TO REALIGN THE FOUR CORNER POST!

4. Default Any help appreciated

Okay so after almost 2 yrs away from my giant paperweight i am back to try and get it up an running again. I emailed carvewright about a week and a half ago, and never heard back so im guessing they didnt get my email. Gonna try and call them this week if i get out of work early enough. If anyone has some new suggestions I am open to trying something else. Where i left off is as follows...
    1. Cleaned and checked every connection again.
    2. Replaced the z board and FCC cable.
    3. Unplugged the z-motor and plugged it into the y connection. Ran the y-axis test and the z motor works
    4. Unplugged the y-motor and plugged it into the z connection. Ran the z-axis test and the y motor works.
    5. Checked the bearings on the z truck and nothing is sticking and everything is rolling free
    6. Took the belt off to test the z-axis without a load and still get a z-axis error.
    7. Checked the encoding disc which is clean and free from scratchs, scuffs or anything that would interfere.
    8. Manually moved the z truck up and down starts at 0.000 and goes to 2.950 and back to 0
    9. Pulled out the controller and made sure ever was clean inside and checked to make sure nothing was blown.
    10. Z motor does not work when plugged into its connection with or without a load on it.

In the meantime if anyone can help me out with 2 small carvings for a project im finishing at my house I would greatly appreciate it. Just send me a message please. The mpc are here and are out of red oak and only 2.5x2.5 and 5/8 thick.
    empire.mpcrebel.mpc

Did you check to see if the encoder disc was tight? The encoder disc can come loose and spin on the shaft causing an error. Remove the cover and see if disc can be turn by hand, if it can put a drop of super glue where the disc and shaft come together.

6. Default

Went back and checked the encoder again and it is tight, thanks

Can you do tests 3 and 4 again. The results of these tests do not make sense to me. If the y motor works on the z connection and the z motor works on the y connection, how can anything be wrong?

8. Default

i did this test when i came back to trying to figure everything out again after almost 2 years and still does the same thing. Doesn't make sense to me either. This is also without the FCC cable hooked up when running the y motor hooked into the Z connection so i tried to run the Z motor without the FCC hooked up to see if anything would happen and got a stall error. It has me wanting to bash my head against a wall as i'm usually really good at figuring stuff like this out

Quote Originally Posted by dragonslair View Post
    i did this test when i came back to trying to figure everything out again after almost 2 years and still does the same thing. Doesn't make sense to me either. This is also without the FCC cable hooked up when running the y motor hooked into the Z connection so i tried to run the Z motor without the FCC hooked up to see if anything would happen and got a stall error. It has me wanting to bash my head against a wall as i'm usually really good at figuring stuff like this out
    The Z data passes through the FFC cable so that is why you got the stall.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

10. Default

Since I already replaced the z board and the ffc cable would you think the head termination board would be the next to try and replace?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast