Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Z- Axis Stall E06-0313

1. Default Z- axis error

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I believe that L16 would be a surface mount inductor not a fuse. Are you saying that you found these were blown? Were they open when you checked them with a meter? What did you replace them with?

It it is a fuse. Replaced with a 2amp quick break fuse. Just to be sure i then moved the truck up and a few times fast. It blew the fuse again. Replaced it and have done 3 fast carved signs with no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonslair View Post
    And to Bergerud I have unplugged the Z motor and plugged it into the Y connection and the motor works fine. I have also plugged the Y into the Z connector and that worked also.
    So, try the z test with and without the z belt on. From what you have described, the z test should pass with the belt off but fail with the belt on. The z motor seems alright if there is no load. Is that right?

3. Default Z axis error

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I believe that L16 would be a surface mount inductor not a fuse. Are you saying that you found these were blown? Were they open when you checked them with a meter? What did you replace them with?

you our are right. It us a surface mount inductor. I just replaced it with a fuse until I get the inductors I ordered. My issue was the Z Axis was completely dead. I have another controller that needs a CPU. Will try
    replaceing it in the next few days. This one was blown when I plugged in a scanning probe.

4. Default

With Christmas coming up and my Carvewright down for the count Ive been working pretty much nonstop on some Scollsaw projects which I just finished the other day for gifts. I decided to check over everything again to make sure nothing was missed.
    1. Cleaned and checked every connection again.
    2. Replaced the z board and FCC cable.
    3. Unplugged the z-motor and plugged it into the y connection. Ran the y-axis test and the z motor works
    4. Unplugged the y-motor and plugged it into the z connection. Ran the z-axis test and the y motor works.
    5. Checked the bearings on the z truck and nothing is sticking and everything is rolling free
    6. Took the belt off to test the z-axis without a load and still get a z-axis error.
    7. Checked the encoding disc which is clean and free from scratchs, scuffs or anything that would interfere.
    8. Manually moved the z truck up and down starts at 0.000 and goes to 2.950 and back to 0
    9. Pulled out the controller and made sure ever was clean inside and checked to make sure nothing was blown.

Does the z motor fail the z test if it is not bolted to the carriage? (All I can think of trying.)

I parked my Carvewright for 5 years (First, off NEVER do this!) since working on gettting it back running I replaced the sandpaper belts with the new traction belts and was running a test project to verify everything was working properly and about 22% through I noticed the Z axis was hovering above the work and had not been making contact with the board in about an inch (4-5%) it stopped when I hit stop and then registered a Z axis stall Error #03-313... Any ideas because it seems to be moving but then reports a stall again...

Quote Originally Posted by waynedazey View Post
    I parked my Carvewright for 5 years (First, off NEVER do this!) since working on gettting it back running I replaced the sandpaper belts with the new traction belts and was running a test project to verify everything was working properly and about 22% through I noticed the Z axis was hovering above the work and had not been making contact with the board in about an inch (4-5%) it stopped when I hit stop and then registered a Z axis stall Error #03-313... Any ideas because it seems to be moving but then reports a stall again...
    When I do a Z-axis test it seems to surge(almost sounds like a flat and looks like a jerking motio9n) a few times on the way down then says stall

Check the FFC cable it insure it is plugged in all of the way and that it does not have any breaks/cracks.

With the power off how does the Z truck feel/sound when moving it up and down?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Check the FFC cable it insure it is plugged in all of the way and that it does not have any breaks/cracks.

With the power off how does the Z truck feel/sound when moving it up and down?
    It seems a bit stiffer then I recall it being, the cable looks to be connected but trying to figure out how to get the top off to better inspect it...

You might have a dirty bearing. Here is a link to the repair documents.. The head cover removal is about 1/2 way down..

http://support.carvewright.com/downl...pair-documents
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast