Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Z- Axis Stall E06-0313

The problem could also be caused by a bad power supply. What is the vintage of your machine?
    Steve

2. Default

Okay well its been alittle over a month since my last post here, and needless to say I had to walk away from the machine for a bit before I lost my mind. That being said I am still in the predicament that I started in. I know the z motor is good, that much I do know. If I plug the zmotor into where the y motor plugs in at and run a y axis test the motor works and the z truck moves freely on the rails but then I get a y axis failure since the y axis is not actually moving like it should. Following Al's suggestion since I have already checked the encoder and it is completely dust free and looks like brand new. I moved it to the top for a reading of 0000 and when moving to the bottom it reads I believe, 2.950. Over and over it doesn't change and always goes back to 0000, every once and awhile I may get a 2.952 or 2.953 when I move it quicker. Other then all of this I hate to say it but I give up. Nothing I have tried has given me a solution and I'm pretty sure my only real way of getting it fixed is sending it to LHR but unfortunately with no money being made on the machine in the past 2 months, I cant afford to ship it to and from them or pay for repairs so I guess I have one giant paperweight.

Where are you at?

Like to help you if I can and were you at usa or Canada send me your phone # I will call you in a private message maybe I can help you if we can talk it shows your on the forum were are you got to stick around to check ???
    Last edited by henry1; 09-23-2015 at 07:00 PM.
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Try and plug the y motor into the z and try the z test. It seems like it must be the wiring. Maybe the small board that the other end of the FCC plugs into. The head termination board? After that, I think we will be wondering about the controller.

I have had this problem many times and still do get that error on a regular basis. I have to unplug everything and I do mean everything and blow the connectors out. When I do this it usually begins to work. There have been times I don't unplug everything and end up having to go back and do all the connectors. Having just a tiny piece of wood dust which we can't even see in a connector can cause these errors. I have seen this many many times. Don't give up. I understand it is very stressful and it makes you want to scream at the top of your lungs but usually it is dust in the wrong place.
    Heather

7. Default

I apologize to everyone that has commented to try and help on my absence. Had a rough last couple of months. My uncle passed away and I had to go up north for awhile and when I returned I had to work a few 70+hr weeks. Just now getting back to a schedule that I can hopefully deal with my big paperweight. To the ones that have asked I live near Chattanooga, TN. And to Bergerud I have unplugged the Z motor and plugged it into the Y connection and the motor works fine. I have also plugged the Y into the Z connector and that worked also. Unfortunately I'm starting to think it is the controller as I have tested just about everything I can and cleaned every connection as well. At this point I cant afford to buy a new controller and just pray that's what's wrong and I can't afford to send the machine to LHR. So for now I think my carving is going to take an extended break which needless to say isn't the greatest with the holidays but that's life, lol.

8. Default Z-Axis E06-0313 proble

Quote Originally Posted by dragonslair View Post
    I was just running a new project and got a Z-Axis stall about 15% into a 6 hr carve. My machine has 200 hrs on it right now. I turned it off and gave everything a good thorough cleaning and no matter what project I try to open it gives me a stall message right away. I have gone into user options to test everything and X and Y are fine. But on both the Z-Axis and Cut Motor test I get the stall error. The z truck does move a fraction, id say about 1/32 and then the error but it does move freely by hand. If anyone can please give me some help or ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

If the Z Axis does not move up or down. Remove your controller and take the cover off. Use a meter and check fuse L16. It is next to pin 1 off the large flat cable. If you ever need to move the z truck up or down.
    do it n slow steps. Even with the power disconnected. The motors generate current when move fast and will blow fuse. Have done it my self a few times. Hope this helps. Go to options and select user testing and select Z axis test to see if it goes up or down.

9. Default

I have not tried that, this week is pretty busy at work so will give that a try on Sunday and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey284 View Post
    If the Z Axis does not move up or down. Remove your controller and take the cover off. Use a meter and check fuse L16. It is next to pin 1 off the large flat cable. If you ever need to move the z truck up or down.
    do it n slow steps. Even with the power disconnected. The motors generate current when move fast and will blow fuse. Have done it my self a few times. Hope this helps. Go to options and select user testing and select Z axis test to see if it goes up or down.
    I believe that L16 would be a surface mount inductor not a fuse. Are you saying that you found these were blown? Were they open when you checked them with a meter? What did you replace them with?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast